Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Open Carry 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:25 am 
Poet Laureate

mnglocker wrote:
I've OCed about 90% of the time since March. (Hey, why die of heat trying to dress around it?) I haven't had any negative experiances, only a few that were informative to curious folks who actually noticed a full sized GLOCK on my hip. 8)

<--- Check out the Avitar.

I've been meaning to compliment you on that avatar. Very nice. Custom made by mnglocker?

By the way, I came across another post of yours; I don't know if you made it, but I was at Ron Paul's party too. I think you and I would get along just great. 8)

It was tough to fight the urge to OC to the Target center. I was torn. Despite it being the Rally for the Republic, I knew if I did, I wasn't getting inside. Sadly, it stayed home, but I had an awesome time down on the floor seats second row! It rocked. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:38 am 
Longtime Regular

Oh. Um. It's entirely possible I did talk about the advantages of a good OC holster. I have my favorite OC holster, which I chose for convenience as well as retention features after seeing grayskys holster and having to be shown where the release was. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:41 am 
Longtime Regular

Carbide Insert wrote:
mnglocker wrote:

I've been meaning to compliment you on that avatar. Very nice. Custom made by mnglocker? RussP @ Glocktalk.com did it up. I'm working on a new one right now.

By the way, I came across another post of yours; I don't know if you made it, but I was at Ron Paul's party too. I think you and I would get along just great. 8)

It was tough to fight the urge to OC to the Target center. I was torn. Despite it being the Rally for the Republic, I knew if I did, I wasn't getting inside. Sadly, it stayed home, but I had an awesome time down on the floor seats second row! It rocked. :twisted: My neighbor works security there on occassion, I'm pretty sure he'd turn his head. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:44 am 
Longtime Regular

When I carry, I carry concealed 95% of the time. I carry open on occasion such as pumping gas, or quick trips in to small stores. Usually this is on the way to or from work when a dress shirt pulled out over my holster would look sloppy and bring me more attention. If I walk my dog after dark I carry open too.

If there are going to be many people present, or if I'll be in a place for a longer time, I prefer carrying concealed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:17 am 
Longtime Regular

I carry concealed but also don’t worry too much if the wind or some other factor should temporarily expose my firearm. I think it is a tactical disadvantage to OC and it tends to scare the sheep. I’m not into scaring anyone. I don’t oppose OC, I just don’t advocate it on tactical grounds.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:05 am 
Longtime Regular

I am firmly on the fence regarding the OC/CC debate. Understand both sides. CC most of the time, OC when the urge strikes.

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:14 pm 

I hope for a day that I can OC without causing a stampeed by sheeple or be interrogated needlessly by the police.

Until that day comes, CC for me.

"Undoubtedly some think the Second Amendment is outmoded in a society where our standing army is the pride of our Nation, where well-trained police forces provide personal security, and where gun violence is a serious problem. That is perhaps debatable, but what is not debatable is that it is not the role of this Court to pronounce the Second Amendment extinct."--Justice Scalia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

I've had probably a hundred of those days. :P

aypstony wrote:
I hope for a day that I can OC without causing a stampeed by sheeple or be interrogated needlessly by the police.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

You need to move out of Brooklyn Park, avoid the big cities. Then you'll have many fun days of open carry.

aypstony wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:08 am 

JimC wrote:
You need to move out of Brooklyn Park, avoid the big cities. Then you'll have many fun days of open carry.

aypstony wrote:

JimC,

Couldn't agree with you more, but I work in Maple Grove and my wife works in Coon Rapids. We like the short commute, especially with gas prices being what they are.

I will continue to hope against all hope that someday, guns won't be viewed as taboo.

"Undoubtedly some think the Second Amendment is outmoded in a society where our standing army is the pride of our Nation, where well-trained police forces provide personal security, and where gun violence is a serious problem. That is perhaps debatable, but what is not debatable is that it is not the role of this Court to pronounce the Second Amendment extinct."--Justice Scalia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:20 am 
Poet Laureate

aypstony wrote:
I will continue to hope against all hope that someday, guns won't be viewed as taboo.

Can you think of any better way to accomplish that than OC?

That is my hope as well. I am trying the best I can in my own sphere of things to turn that hope into reality.

The change you wish to see in the world begins with you.

:shock:
:!:
(That sounds like quite a quote! I just wrote that on my own, though I'm sure someone important has said something to that effect before.)

And when I say someone important, that does not mean Obama. It means someone wise. Probably old. And likely chinese...? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:49 am 

Carbide Insert wrote:
aypstony wrote:

Can you think of any better way to accomplish that than OC?

That is my hope as well. I am trying the best I can in my own sphere of things to turn that hope into reality.

:shock:
:!:
(That sounds like quite a quote! I just wrote that on my own, though I'm sure someone important has said something to that effect before.)

And when I say someone important, that does not mean Obama. It means someone wise. Probably old. And likely chinese...? :lol:

In Hutchinson and other smaller cities, I would probably OC. Guns are common and hunting is considered a tradition, not an abheration.

The cities are overrun with liberals and metrosexuals that have only seen guns on TV. It is too much hassle to try and educate and enlighten when their minds have already been made up on the evilness of guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:10 pm 
Poet Laureate

aypstony wrote:
The cities are overrun with liberals and metrosexuals that have only seen guns on TV.

I agree. But I believe that can change, the same way everything else in society changes: exposure.

aypstony wrote:
It is too much hassle to try and educate and enlighten when their minds have already been made up on the evilness of guns.

I disagree. People's minds can be changed, especially if their perception of society's direction begins to turn against their established "evil guns" thoughts. They may not ever like it, true, but they may just actually get used to it. Most people do behave a lot like lemmings and sheep. They just need to be led in the right direction.

I'm just thankful that my "too much hassle" doesn't involve standing in front of firehoses in the deep south with KKK lawmen blasting away on me with H2O. Or worse.

I like to keep things in perspective. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:02 pm 

Carbide Insert wrote:

It means someone wise. Probably old. And likely chinese...?

Indian, Ghandi, "Be the change you wish to see in the world"
http://www.quotedb.com/quotes/2050

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

mitchx3 wrote:
Carbide Insert wrote:

It means someone wise. Probably old. And likely chinese...?

Indian, Ghandi, "Be the change you wish to see in the world"
http://www.quotedb.com/quotes/2050

Now that's change you can hope for!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.