Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:13 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Things NOT to do. 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:39 am 
Wise Elder

The details aren't relevant to the point.

As is true with respect to OC, individual discretion is best when you carry on a "foreign" permit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

kimberman wrote:
The details aren't relevant to the point.

As is true with respect to OC, individual discretion is best when you carry on a "foreign" permit.

I guess we will remain curious. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

Keeping in mind that I know nothing about what prompted Kimberman to post this advice, imagine this phone call:

Andrew's Imagination wrote:
"Hello, Lieutenant Anderson? Sheriff Bob Fletcher, here."

"Fletcher. Ramsey County, Minnesota?"

"Yeah, that one. Listen, we've got a dangerous guy here -- we denied him a gun permit a couple months back. Looks like he's snuck around us and applied for one with you guys...."

"No, no convictions, but boy, the things this idiot has done. Why don't I fax you the investigation my Deputy Rossman did, and you all can decide if you want to reconsider his permit? I know you guys have a 'danger to self or others' clause, just like we do...."

"Yeah, that's right, 53-5-704(3)(a). One lawman to another, I know you don't want a character like this with a gun in his hand...."

"Hey, thanks. Sure, I'd do the same for you. You have a good one."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:17 pm 
Journeyman Member

Quote:
Andrew's Imagination wrote:
"Hello, Lieutenant Anderson? Sheriff Bob Fletcher, here."

"Fletcher. Ramsey County, Minnesota?"

"Yeah, that one. Listen, we've got a dangerous guy here -- we denied him a gun permit a couple months back. Looks like he's snuck around us and applied for one with you guys...."

"No, no convictions, but boy, the things this idiot has done. Why don't I fax you the investigation my Deputy Rossman did, and you all can decide if you want to reconsider his permit? I know you guys have a 'danger to self or others' clause, just like we do...."

"Yeah, that's right, 53-5-704(3)(a). One lawman to another, I know you don't want a character like this with a gun in his hand...."

"Hey, thanks. Sure, I'd do the same for you. You have a good one."

Start imagining:

Hello lt anderson this is revoked permit holder, yeah that one.

I was wondering if you would tell me why you revoked my permit?

Fletcher?, yeah there has been a lot of problems with him; did he tell you that I sued him and the judge disagreed with him?

Did he tell you he's been forced to issue my Mn. permit and that he is now spending $5,000 of the county's money paying for my attorney?

You're going to reissue my permit as soon as I send you the court order? Thanks, say will you send me all the information re my case particularly the file fletcher faxed you which caused you to revoke my permit? Or would you rather I submit and FOI?

My attorney thinks we have a cause of action against fletcher personally, he has defamed me, abused his authority and dragged you into his personal agenda.

Yeah I understand lt. I hate being used too.

Good talking to you and I will fax that order to you right away and you can review it immediately on line at this link.

End imagining!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

tommygun,

People who get the Utah permit after being denied the Minnesota one usually do so to avoid the hassle and expense of the lawsuit.

For those people, it is against their interests to taunt the sheriff, forcing them into that which they wished to avoid.

Still, I liked your imaginings. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:41 pm 
Journeyman Member

Andrew,

I have a Utah permit, an Az permit and a NH permit. I have one other that I prefer to keep confidential.

I intend to get a MN permit but am time constrained as I'm only in Mn on weekends and engaged in family matters. Sometime next spring I will be making a greater effort to take a weekend class and submit the app on a Monday.

I'm in Mn about 6 times a year for one or two days at a time.

Thanks for the reply.

tom gunn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:23 am 
Longtime Regular

As long as we are imagining, lets imaging this.

Sheriff denies permit.

Applicant applies for Utah

Applicant flaunts Utah permit at Sheriff

Sheriff calls State

Utah Reciprocity is pulled

Utah permit holders sad

Sheriff laughs

end imagine

That is all....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.