Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Interesting - Permit info around the state 
 Post subject: Interesting - Permit info around the state
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:27 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

I'm going to keep adding info as I find it.

PARK RAPIDS POLICE
I'm guessing this page just hasn't been updated. You would think, in nearly 3 years they would have done something with it.

http://ci.park-rapids.mn.us/police_faq.asp

Quote:
You must be 21 years of age, a resident of the City of Park Rapids, and have a Minnesota driver's licence confirming your Hubbard County address. There is no cost for a permit to acquire, however there is a $10 charge for a permit to carry which must be received before the permit is issued. The permit to carry requires a colored photo (head and shoulder shot), 1" x 1". Old driver's license photos and re-used photos from a previous permit will not be accepted.

Hubbard County
http://www.co.hubbard.mn.us/Sheriff/Questions.htm

Quote:
2. How do I get a permit to purchase or carry a handgun?

To obtain a permit to purchase or carry a handgun you may stop in at the Sheriff's Office to pick one up or you may call 218-732-2503 and request a form to be sent to you. You can also download the application here.

The permit to purchase may be mailed to you and you may mail it back to this office. Once the application is received the permit to purchase (acquire) will be processed within 5 business days.

The permit to carry MUST be returned in person. Along with the application you need to supply a COPY of the State Certified Gun Safety Class and a COPY of your Driver's License. There is a fee of $86.50 for this permit.

EDIT- Ok, I guess they meant the permit APPLICATION must be returned in person. I took it as 'you must pick up the permit in person.'

Otter Tail County

http://www.co.otter-tail.mn.us/sheriff/ ... ations.php

Quote:
CARRY APPLICATIONS
For your information, please consider that there are a host of firearm laws that relate to the issue of handgun possession whether or not you have a permit to carry. Some of the more pertinent are listed below with the appropriate statute cited:
5. Prohibited in any courthouse complex, State Capitol complex, within a 1,000-foot zone surrounding any school or within or upon the property of any school, public housing zones and certain State buildings.

6. Public parks at all levels in cities of the first class.

Note- No statutes cited either. Others listed had statutes.

Blue Earth County

http://www.co.blue-earth.mn.us/board/mi ... 4bmin.html

Quote:
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Blue Earth County Sheriff shall charge a replacement fee of $10.00 for each replacement permit requested due to loss, destruction or change of address.

Maybe this is the same reason Hennepin County forces $10 for replacement cards. The county board passed resolutions stating they had to. Of course this is against MN 624.714.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.