Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:44 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Business owner CC. 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

It appears that everyone on the forum thinks you should get a permit. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:25 pm 

In case nobody has mentioned it, get a permit. :oops:

For a little bit of CYA and for the education from taking the course. well worth it IMHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

Can I pile on here :)

Get a permit,

But if you don't, spend a little time with the case law:

State of MN v Poupard, it clarifies the law, but if you meet a cop who is not educated, you will in all probability be spending some time at "His Office" while you find a lawyer to educate the fine upstanding public servant.

It's much easier to get a permit.

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:36 pm 

mnglocker wrote:
Q_Continuum wrote:
mnglocker wrote:
plblark wrote:
mnglocker wrote:
Andrew Rothman wrote:
jaysong wrote:
SultanOfBrunei wrote:
Get a permit.

Get a permit.

Get a permit. :)

Get a permit.

Get a Permit

since everyone else is doing it

Get a permit

This is kinda fun. :P

I'm just doing it because all the cool people are.

Get a permit

Get a permit

I like this new guy allready.
:wink:

Get a permit? :wink:

sheesh...that was kinda fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:47 pm 

Oh yea, that was hilarious...I appreciate the info.

Signing up for the class after Christmas....to get my permit. But for the time being I need to make sure I'm safe without it...both from the bad guys and the cops who don't take the time to actually understand(or even know) the laws that they enforce...though MPLS cops have never had to enter my establishment so they'd have no reason to find out I don't have a permit.
As far as carrying to/from work, I haven't done it...I just make sure my car is warmed up and ready to go when I leave the store so I don't have to waste any more time in the alley than I have to. I don't carry otherwise because at this point(though I'd like to carry 24/7 and will once I have the permit)I mainly need it at work.

Last week I had a group of 5 younger guys come in after midnight and wander around...I realized that they were "casing" the place. I've seen a couple of them before and they have never purchased anything and have tried switching price tags.
After work I couldn't get my car started and had a couple guys from one of the other businesses help me out. Took about 15 minutes to get my car going and in that time we had 4 different guys come up to us for money and to "help us out". Next time I may not have two other people there with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:19 pm 
On time out

Dont wait for christmas, and park where you can watch your car or get camera's on it. a old trick of BG"S is to disable a car they have a pretty good idea is going to have something of value riding in, and then show up when it wont start or the tire needs changing.

If you do go out and find it deader than dead or a flat on a good tire, retreat quickly to a place of security.

oh yeah, get that permit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:43 pm 

Thanks for the tips 1911fan. We work closely enough with the few businesses that stay open late down there to have eyes on our cars(a few cameras and physical checks) throughout the night and, like I said, I make sure my car is warm and ready to go(functioning) before locking up the back door...quick retreat if need be.
For the time being I keep a copy of that particular statute in my wallet in case any inquisitive law enforcement officers happen to wander by.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.