Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:11 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Are permit classes more busy? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:23 pm 

I think there is broad awareness that gun rights will be under attack based on the election results overall. Permit classes are only part of the equation. People on the verge of a decision to carry need the classes, the permit itself, guns, magazines, holsters, ammo, range time once they decide to move. Some of these may be under attack at a national level: excise taxes, magazine size limits, regulation and taxation of imported guns, ammo, accessories, and parts; greater regulation of firearms manufacturing, limitations on certain ammo types.

Intellectually I believe it is unlikely that anything will pass at the federal level. As I've said in other posts, the Democrats understand the political cost of such legislation.

On the other hand it's a great excuse to load up on some stuff I've been eying for a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:10 pm 

Quote:
People on the verge of a decision to carry need the classes, the permit itself, guns, magazines, holsters, ammo, range time once they decide to move. Some of these may be under attack at a national level: excise taxes, magazine size limits, regulation and taxation of imported guns, ammo, accessories, and parts; greater regulation of firearms manufacturing, limitations on certain ammo types.

That seems to be the growing hype. A friend of mine who lives out of state, went to a local gunshop to check out their AR15's. All 19 or so were sold and they dont have anymore. He made the same statement. Everyone's afraid that nothing will be available after Obama takes over.

I really dont know what to think about all of this. I can tell you I am not an Obama fan, but is it shallow of me to say that out of all the issues that we have today with this economy, that Obama's main focus is going to be gun control? Maybe, Maybe not. Probably not this year but the coming years?

But I understand the reasoning. I have started to stock pile my gun loading supplies. They may not be able to pass laws but they could certainly tax or increase the cost that no one could affort it. Easier to do that then pass laws. I am so confilicted :? :?

Anyway, I agree with joel
Quote:
I think that if there's some sort of nationwide carry permit ban, they're wrong; I think we're unlikely to see such soon, and I'm hoping not ever.
What a sad day that would be. :cry:

“I reckon so”
- Outlaw Josey Wales

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.