Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:07 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Gun law's one sure outcome: paperwork 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:32 am 
On time out

I was listening to Ron Rosenbaum on K-Talk radio the other day and he mentioned the reason for less renewals was due to the fact that people realized that handguns were too heavy to carry around all the time.

After hearing that said, I started thinking that a PTC has other options besides strapping a pistol to your hip or shoulder. The permit also allows you to have a loaded firearm in your car. I would certainly think carrying a loaded weapon in your vehicle would (by itself) be enough reason to possess a PTC.

Just my 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

Post-Bulletin editorial wrote:
It seems as if Olmsted County residents are a bit more fond of their handguns and "right-to-carry" privileges than are people who live in the metro area.

Either that or maybe the Twin Cities has a more transient population than Rochester and the surrounding communities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:21 pm 
On time out

Another thought to ponder. Maybe some have gotten a Utah permit and decided it was sufficient due to the fact that it works in MN and many other states as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:11 am 

Permits may cause a lot of paperwork, but the state is certainly getting paid. Permits are expensive!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:27 am 

sheepdog wrote:
Permits may cause a lot of paperwork, but the state is certainly getting paid. Permits are expensive!

Oh, but if you believe the Sheriff, Ramsey County loses several hundred thousand dollars a year processing those applications!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:36 am 
Longtime Regular

Q_Continuum wrote:
Oh, but if you believe the Sheriff, Ramsey County loses several hundred thousand dollars a year processing those applications!

Yeah and I <I>still</i> think Fletcher and his office should be investigated for malfeasance, misfeasance and nonfeasance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

bkrafft wrote:
Yeah and I <I>still</i> think Fletcher and his office should be investigated for malfeasance, misfeasance and nonfeasance.

And sued for punitive damages.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.