Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:02 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Laziness, procrastination, or another media lie? 
 Post subject: Laziness, procrastination, or another media lie?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:55 pm 

http://wcco.com/local/conceal.and.carry.2.872587.html

I sincerley hope this is not true. If it is, I fail to see the logic people have for not renewng. From another thread, it would seem that it may be correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

Mine is up in March but I thought that you had to wait until 30 days before experation before you could renew. I did take a class with phorvic last December for other reasons. I'm hoping nothing passes before I can renew or if my class last December would be good enough. All I can do is wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

I bet many applied cuz they could, not because they intended to put the permit to use. I have a couple of friends who fall into that category. They have the permit but seldom carry. Those folks will not waste their money on the renewal. Folks who frequent a board called "twincitycarry" likely can't relate to such a mindset, but, rest assured, it exists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:33 pm 

A lot of folks may just be getting a Utah permit and not bothering with a MN permit--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:45 pm 

As many as half? That's terrible! At least it would seem that new permit holders are on the rise. I just hate to loose the permit holders that currently exist. It paints a poor picture.

If half of the folks that need to renew don't, perhaps these people have learned that carrying isn't practical for one of several reasons and they feel safe without. Obviously this must be the case as if they believed otherwise, they would renew! Perhaps Minnesota should be rid of it! It must not serve much of a purpose. Just that portion of people we shall classify as "gun freaks" will renew their permits and we don't like those people.

SHAME ON THOSE PEOPLE who do not renew!! SHAME on them!!!

Sorry, I am just very disappointed in people in general these days.

Last edited by reprisejim on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:47 pm 

KPAUL, I love your optimism!!! I needed that! With the recent elections, I have been a wreck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:08 am 
Longtime Regular

Well the anti's should be happy renewals are down, now they can leave the issue alone and not worry about it :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:35 am 

Many folks probably don't have the money right now to take a renewal class and pay a renewal fee. Not everybody has that extra money around the house when people are losing their jobs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:06 am 
Longtime Regular

kpaul wrote:
A lot of folks may just be getting a Utah permit and not bothering with a MN permit--

Perhaps but I doubt it AND it's a bad idea for reasons we've discussed to death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:52 am 
Longtime Regular

Gunflint wrote:

Quote:
Mine is up in March but I thought that you had to wait until 30 days before experation before you could renew. I did take a class with phorvic last December for other reasons. I'm hoping nothing passes before I can renew or if my class last December would be good enough. All I can do is wait.

You can renew 90 days prior to experation. See below from 624.714.

Your training must be within 1 year of application. Also see below from 624.714.

(1) no earlier than 90 days prior to the expiration date on the permit, the permit holder may renew the permit by submitting to the appropriate sheriff the application packet described in subdivision 3 and a renewal processing fee not to exceed the actual and reasonable direct cost of processing the application or $75, whichever is less.

(a) An applicant must present evidence that the applicant received training in the safe use of a pistol within one year of the date of an original or renewal application.

Gunflint, just for you to be aware of the time requirements for the training.

Also be aware, that no matter how early you apply, the renewal permit is for 5 years after the old permit expires, not 5 years after it is re-issued. Also in 624.714. Some counties miss the proper dating of the renewals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:54 am 
Longtime Regular

I had a non-gunny friend bring this up to me last night, it must be getting some decent media coverage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:25 am 
Longtime Regular

Triplicate topic: http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=10888

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.