Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:23 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 My Sociology Project: I want your opinions 

If you choose to not reply to this thread, why not?
Poll ended at Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:01 am
Questions irrelevent  8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Too personal  33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Not enough time  33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Other  25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 12

My Sociology Project: I want your opinions 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

Macx wrote:
Dude did say he was going to "close the polls" on Friday, he didn't say when he was going to post his results. That said, I am curious.

This is what he said:
Tyler wrote:
The research assessment will be completed Friday AM, and I will gladly post a link to what I have interpreted as the results (In academic format).

I'm waiting, and I have sent him an email.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well, like most of us, he either did his college work on the last day, or took an incomplete.

Now it's vacation....

We'll see....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

Wouldn't it be interesting if "Tyler" was, in fact, Sarah Brady or one of her ilk? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

Thought about that first . . .. anytime a person posts (with next to no history & no conections to the community) for the first or so time, I expect it to be enemies of freedom, posting under the guise of patiotism. I expect infiltrators, I expect traitors.. . and as yet no one here has voiced a view contrary to the explicit ideals laid out in the Constituition of the United States of America.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

Oh, Tyler's real. We can go visit him in Rogers if he doesn't come back and offer his results. :)

Post subject: Re: My Sociology Project: I want your opinions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

Soc2323 wrote:
My name is Tyler. I am a 20 year old student doing sociological research concerning those who conceal and carry within Minnesota. The research assessment will be completed Friday AM, and I will gladly post a link to what I have interpreted as the results (In academic format). Aside from the information gathered by shadowing this forum, I have created a brief questionnaire which I hope will be completed by at least more than a few people who frequent this forum.
Please reply within the thread or via PM. I appreciate your time, and thank the administrators/moderators for allowing this thread.

Name or Alias: Tepin

Do you carry on a day-to-day basis? No

How long have you had a permit to carry within Minnesota (including if your permit was eligible for reciprocity with other states had you not been living in Minnesota at the time)? 4.5 years

Do you always abide to rules concerning "posted" establishments? Never

Do you feel state laws concerning the ability to conceal and/or carry and whatever the process may entail is/are too prohibitive or not prohibitive enough. Feel free to explain. I like what we have in MN

Is there any particular reason you personally choose to carry (i.e. personal protection, family protection, convenience). Personal Protection

Do you feel the general public understands why those who carry choose to do so? No

Do you feel that you are a minority in society within Minnesota? Yes

Are there particular differences among the attitudes within the different geographical regions of Minnesota concerning those who carry? Do you feel laws concerning carry in Minnesota reflect this? Yes. Unknown.

If there is one thing I should have asked in this questionnaire but did not, what would that question be (also, feel free to answer it)

Thank You for your time.
-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:34 am 
Longtime Regular

Uh, guys? It's over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

oops :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:56 am 
Longtime Regular

results: http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=11226

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.