Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Voyageurs Park prepares for new concealed weapon rule 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

“INTERNATIONAL FALLS, Minn. -- The chief ranger at Voyageurs National Park says park staff are wary of a rule change that will allow concealed weapons into the park next month. “ - The chief ranger is an idiot and so is his staff if this is true. They have more to worry about from the bears than from us.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

havegunjoe wrote:
“INTERNATIONAL FALLS, Minn. -- The chief ranger at Voyageurs National Park says park staff are wary of a rule change that will allow concealed weapons into the park next month. “ - The chief ranger is an idiot and so is his staff if this is true. They have more to worry about from the bears than from us.

Probably the meth cooks too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

Probably the chief ranger should call the DNR and ask about all the problems with Minnesota permit holders in Minnesota state parks...

Oh, wait...there haven't been any. :roll:

Post subject: NP Rangers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:15 pm 

The rangers need to get off the main trail and into the woods. The rangers I have met are little informed and probably become lost.

This will be very interesting this summer during my 27th boat trip to Isle Royale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:14 pm 

I'm every bit as concerned with what the rangers want as I am the local tin...

Oh wait, that'd be not at all. 8)

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:58 pm 

I know the superintendent up there, Kate Miller, retired nearly a year ago and Mike Ward took over in August. She was decent and I know very little about Ward, but he's a native of Illinois and was running an NPS operation in St. Louis before the Voyageurs gig. Young guy with a wife (removed) and a couple of kids (removed). He'll have a lot to do with the tenor the park takes with respect to permit holders. I suspect him being a political science major from Illinois does not bode well for us, however. :?

someone1980: Removed the names of wife and kids. Probably wouldn't be a problem now or in the future. Would rather be on the safe side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Long Ago LEO wrote:
I know the superintendent up there, Kate Miller, retired nearly a year ago and Mike Ward took over in August. She was decent and I know very little about Ward, but he's a native of Illinois and was running an NPS operation in St. Louis before the Voyageurs gig. Young guy with a wife (removed) and a couple of kids (removed). He'll have a lot to do with the tenor the park takes with respect to permit holders. I suspect him being a political science major from Illinois does not bode well for us, however. :?
It does sound like the setup of a culture war between Ward and most anybody from the area, which I assume would include most of the personnel.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.