Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Permit Renewal Overlap 
 Post subject: Permit Renewal Overlap
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:53 pm 

I'm a bit fuzzy about how the law is written for permit renewals when there is some overlap between the renewal issuance date and the previous permit expiration.

My permit expired Dec. 11th, 2008. I applied for renewal on Dec. 1st, 2008. Do I need to wait the requisite 30 days that it will take for Hennepin County to issue my renewal in order to carry legally? (Presumably I will receive my new permit on either Dec. 31st or Jan. 2nd.)

Thanks,

rtc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

You can apply up to 90 days before the expiration of your current permit. That is to allow you to cover the up to 30 days to either issue or deny. If you do not receive your permit before expiration date I would not get caught carrying if I were you. I would not want the hassle and legal jeopardy. IANAL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Permit Renewal Overlap
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

rtc wrote:
My permit expired Dec. 11th, 2008. I applied for renewal on Dec. 1st, 2008. Do I need to wait the requisite 30 days that it will take for Hennepin County to issue my renewal in order to carry legally? (Presumably I will receive my new permit on either Dec. 31st or Jan. 2nd.)

Thanks,

rtc

In a word. Yes. Your original permit expired on 12/11. You must wait until you get the new one to carry again after 12/11. Kimberman and others have offered explanations in other threads if you search. But should you carry on the expired permit, you will find out how much trouble you can get if you are found out.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject: Re: Permit Renewal Overlap
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:36 am 
The Man

rtc wrote:
I'm a bit fuzzy about how the law is written for permit renewals when there is some overlap between the renewal issuance date and the previous permit expiration.

Thanks,

rtc
Yes, you do. You don't have a valid permit, at the moment; you will, once the permit has been issued, and you'll know it's been issued when you receive it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:03 pm 

Thanks guys. That's what I figured. I actually waited to take my training as long as I did so I could take the class from Joel. (Which was absolutely worth it!)
While in class I had every opportunity to ask this question, but it never dawned on me to ask until after I turned in my paperwork.

Thanks Again,
rtc

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.