Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:08 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 From the Savage police blotter 
Author Message
 Post subject: From the Savage police blotter
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:01 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:09 am
Posts: 1060
Location: Savage, MN
Found in today's Savage Pacer

Quote:
DISORDERLY CONDUCT

A 53-year-old Burnsville man was arrested for disorderly conduct and obstructing the legal process after police responded to a call of a man with a gun at Neisen’s Sports Bar, 4851 W. 123rd St. According to police, the man had a permit to carry a gun, but was disorderly and uncooperative with officers.


I'd really love to know the details of this "disorderly conduct" charge.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:06 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:37 pm
Posts: 1757
Location: Whittier
They wouldn't let him go back in to get his hat. He argued, therefore he was disorderly.


Just guessing.





I wasn't there.




I would love to hear the story, after the charges are dropped.

_________________
Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a
lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become
a law unto himself; it invites anarchy .” Olmstead v. U.S., 277 U.S. 438


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:32 am 
The Man
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:43 am
Posts: 7970
Location: Minneapolis MN
Well, I'm curious, too. Savage PD, despite the name, has a rep as being a bunch of good, professional, service-oriented folks -- and I said that before I found out that one of the sergeants there, who I don't know, has been saying nice things about me behind my back (although I gotta say that that didn't irritate me much). My only encounter with them was in the parking lot at the VWF/AL (I always get the two confused) while setting up for a carry class; the officer took a very low-key approach to a "man with a gun" call, some years ago; if he hadn't told me what had happened, I would have thought he was just in the area and curious.

Which doesn't mean that the permit holder was wrong, or right, of course; I dunno.

_________________
Just a guy.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:50 am 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:49 pm
Posts: 105
I wonder if there is any way of finding out? I'd be real curious if they checked him for CWI (carrying while intoxicated) :P
Not that any one case really matters, But it concerns me as it reflects on all of us permit holders.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:56 am 
The Man
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:43 am
Posts: 7970
Location: Minneapolis MN
mnmike59 wrote:
I wonder if there is any way of finding out? I'd be real curious if they checked him for CWI (carrying while intoxicated) :P
Not that any one case really matters, But it concerns me as it reflects on all of us permit holders.
Safe bet: they did, and he wasn't, or he'd have been busted for that. When cops arrest somebody on disorderly conduct and obstruction of process, they're not doing it as a favor to the arrestee, after all; if they had something else that they could have legitimately hit him with, it's just barely this side of certain that they would have.

_________________
Just a guy.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:55 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:09 am
Posts: 1060
Location: Savage, MN
joelr wrote:
Well, I'm curious, too. Savage PD, despite the name, has a rep as being a bunch of good, professional, service-oriented folks


That's been my personal experience too, when I've been pulled over, when I've been the RP, and when I took their Citizen's Police Academy. I have a very high opinion of them.

Would the arrest report be public record? I've never tried to get any of this info, but I might for this, just out of curiosity.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: From the Savage police blotter
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:02 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:02 am
Posts: 1684
Location: St Louis Park
Lenny7 wrote:
Found in today's Savage Pacer

Quote:
DISORDERLY CONDUCT

A 53-year-old Burnsville man was arrested for disorderly conduct and obstructing the legal process after police responded to a call of a man with a gun at Neisen’s Sports Bar, 4851 W. 123rd St. According to police, the man had a permit to carry a gun, but was disorderly and uncooperative with officers.


I'd really love to know the details of this "disorderly conduct" charge.


Just call up and tell them you want the details of something you saw in the blotter. Ask for all the public information available. I've done this a number of times for different cities. "I saw this on your PIMA site, what can you tell me about the incident?"

_________________
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:10 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:57 am
Posts: 818
Location: Apple Valley, MN
joelr wrote:
mnmike59 wrote:
I wonder if there is any way of finding out? I'd be real curious if they checked him for CWI (carrying while intoxicated) :P
Not that any one case really matters, But it concerns me as it reflects on all of us permit holders.
Safe bet: they did, and he wasn't, or he'd have been busted for that. When cops arrest somebody on disorderly conduct and obstruction of process, they're not doing it as a favor to the arrestee, after all; if they had something else that they could have legitimately hit him with, it's just barely this side of certain that they would have.


So basically he would have ended up at home that night, but he talked himself into an arrest. Dumb move on his part....how dumb depends on much "talking" it took I guess.

_________________
http://www.eckernet.com
My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:20 am
Posts: 1317
Location: Racine, MN
Hopefully, there isn't too much to this incident.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:27 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 5270
Location: Minneapolis
I suppose it's possible he refused the breathalyzer and they are waiting on the lab for the bloodwork before they charge him with public intoxication.

Post from JimC reminding us how drinking and guns don't mix in 5...4...3...2...

_________________
I am defending myself... in favor of that!


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:30 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:41 am
Posts: 4468
If he refused the breathalyzer, it'd be in the report and he'd have issues as he has to submit to the test if they have PC.

_________________
Certified Carry Permit Instructor (MNTactics.com and ShootingSafely.com)
Click here for current Carry Classes
"There is no safety for honest men, except by believing all possible evil of evil men." - Edwin Burke


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:20 am
Posts: 1317
Location: Racine, MN
DeanC wrote:
I suppose it's possible he refused the breathalyzer and they are waiting on the lab for the bloodwork before they charge him with public intoxication.

Post from JimC reminding us how drinking and guns don't mix in 5...4...3...2...


:lol: :lol:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:32 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 5270
Location: Minneapolis
Oh, that's right.

_________________
I am defending myself... in favor of that!


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:56 pm
Posts: 1109
Sadly, I'm proven right again :(
Another black eye for permit holders


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:32 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:09 am
Posts: 1060
Location: Savage, MN
JimC wrote:
Sadly, I'm proven right again :(
Another black eye for permit holders


I carried into a bar last Friday and nothing bad happened.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours


 Who is online 

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


 
Index  |  FAQ  |  Search

phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group