Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 My Permit has a Typo on the DL number 
 Post subject: My Permit has a Typo on the DL number
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:24 am 

I got my permit a week ago and all the info on it seemed correct.

My name and address are all correct, but in the middle of my DL number, there is a "5" where there should be a "6".

On one hand, I would think it's clear this permit is for me and it's a typo from Henn County and if/when LEO ran my DL number, they'd be reading from the DL itself and not the permit, as they'd have both in their hands.

I'd rather not hassle with a replacement - but would like to know if it's a big deal to just let it slide or would I still have the same problem when it came time to renew it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:56 am 
Longtime Regular

I can't speak for Hennepin county, but Wright effed up my sisters expo date off the bat and took 2-days to print a new card for FREE, as it was their fault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:33 am 

thanks for the info, mnglocker.

I will give them a call and see what the procedure is. I was just hoping to avoid a trip DT to hand them back my permit and wait for a replacement - I put off getting this permit for a long time and now that I have it, I don't want to give it up.

I have also put off sending in the slide for my Glock 23 for night sites as I don't want to be without my only handgun...

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:30 am 
On time out

Ramsey misprinted my middle name on my first permit. I called and set up an appointment and ittook officer Ryan about five minutes to make a new one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:15 pm 

I forget what it was, but there was a typo on my first card as well. Just called the issuing sheriffs office and they reprinted and mailed. And I don't think it entirely mattered, because the FFL accepted it when I went to pick up my new toy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:51 pm 

Yep, Hennepin County. Typo on the address, called and had a new card in two days.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.