Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 National Parks carry 
 Post subject: National Parks carry
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:31 pm 

Just read this on handgunlaw.us:

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Today, a federal district court in Washington, D.C. granted anti-gun plaintiffs a preliminary injunction against implementation of the new rule allowing concealed carry in national parks and national wildlife refuges.
Until further notice, individuals cannot legally carry loaded, concealed firearms for personal protection in national parks and wildlife refuges.

The court did grant NRA's motion to intervene in the cases. Under federal law, NRA is entitled to an immediate appeal, and NRA will exercise that right.

"Just as we did not give up the fight to change the old, outdated rule, we will not give up our fight in the courts to defend the rule change," said NRA chief lobbyist Chris W. Cox. "We will pursue every legal avenue to defend the American people's right to self-defense."

Post subject: Re: National Parks carry
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:46 pm 

MN PTCT wrote:
Just read this on handgunlaw.us:

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Today, a federal district court in Washington, D.C. granted anti-gun plaintiffs a preliminary injunction against implementation of the new rule allowing concealed carry in national parks and national wildlife refuges.
Until further notice, individuals cannot legally carry loaded, concealed firearms for personal protection in national parks and wildlife refuges.

The court did grant NRA's motion to intervene in the cases. Under federal law, NRA is entitled to an immediate appeal, and NRA will exercise that right.

"Just as we did not give up the fight to change the old, outdated rule, we will not give up our fight in the courts to defend the rule change," said NRA chief lobbyist Chris W. Cox. "We will pursue every legal avenue to defend the American people's right to self-defense."

Alas, more of the slow but sure chipping away of personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution at the behest of fear generating dictate. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:32 pm 
Journeyman Member

I wonder how many would be alive today if they were able to carry in the parks?

Bersa Thunder 380
Beretta 92FS
Smith and Wesson M&P15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:00 pm 

Rotary12 wrote:
I wonder how many would be alive today if they were able to carry in the parks?

I wonder how many would carry just because it's a God given right via constitutional law via the 2nd amendment to protect personal rights?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:45 pm 
Journeyman Member

I know next time I'm in a national park I'll be carying!

Bersa Thunder 380
Beretta 92FS
Smith and Wesson M&P15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:51 am 
Longtime Regular

There are already three or four threads started on this.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.