Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Anybody at Bills gun shop and range in last few days 
 Post subject: Anybody at Bills gun shop and range in last few days
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:09 pm 
Journeyman Member

gun reps and the whole of humanity was there. Easy over 150 people at Bills yesterday. Never seen anything like it. It was like a feeding frenzy. They had a whole table of people just filling out 4473 forms with 2 employees there for any questions.
The staff at Bills where very good. ran the place like clock work.

I just never seen that many people swarming around a gun store before.

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.” — Patrick Henry
www.mises.org
www.ij.org

Post subject: Re: Anybody at Bills gun shop and range in last few days
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

xd9fan wrote:
gun reps and the whole of humanity was there. Easy over 150 people at Bills yesterday. Never seen anything like it. It was like a feeding frenzy. They had a whole table of people just filling out 4473 forms with 2 employees there for any questions.
The staff at Bills where very good. ran the place like clock work.

I just never seen that many people swarming around a gun store before.

You've never been to one of their Shooter's Shows before, I take it? :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:50 pm 

I was there on Friday afternoon before work, I thought it wouldn't be too busy but holy cow was I wrong :shock: it was a mad house. Yes it was my first experience at the show. Pretty cool stuff to drool over, the Christmas list just got bigger again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

I went last year and it was a mad house.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

I was there Friday, got to try the FN Five-seveN. Holy crap. Must own one.

:shock:

One of the most unique and FUN guns I've fired, ever.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:23 pm 

Was there Friday evening. Tried a Springer EMP-40, FN45 and a P45 KAHR. Went again today to help out a couple I know who have never been to the Shooter show. The only thing that followed me home was a boar snake for a .22.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:48 pm 

I was there over lunch time on Friday. I went over lunch to avoid a large crowd, but failed terribly. I can't say their prices were that good for the show. I saw a used XD9, they wanted $479 for it. Also, I believe they were selling new XD9's for above MSRP. Yikes.

It was a good chance to fondle some nice firearms though.....

:D

"Undoubtedly some think the Second Amendment is outmoded in a society where our standing army is the pride of our Nation, where well-trained police forces provide personal security, and where gun violence is a serious problem. That is perhaps debatable, but what is not debatable is that it is not the role of this Court to pronounce the Second Amendment extinct."--Justice Scalia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

mrokern wrote:
I was there Friday, got to try the FN Five-seveN. Holy crap. Must own one.

:shock:

One of the most unique and FUN guns I've fired, ever.

That should be "One of the most unique and FuN guns I've fired, ever." :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:45 pm 

As busy as it was on Saturday, a friend and I were able to get through the line in about twenty minutes to shoot a couple S&W .357 Magnum revolvers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

Today... packed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:17 pm 

..and the prices reflected the traffic. Lots of folks and exhorbitant prices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:22 pm 

gman1868 wrote:
..and the prices reflected the traffic. Lots of folks and exhorbitant prices.

Actually, a fair bit of their stuff comes DOWN for the shooter show. Some things they're reasonable on, but ammo and guns they (usually) aren't the best in town. They do have a significant consignment/used shelf, though - with some deals to be had.

I window shop there; buy a few smaller things, and shoot there. (Burnsville Pistol Range is on the wrong side of The Cities for me)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Winners of the drawing are now posted here.

Not me :cry:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

Wow, Dean, your bribe, er, I mean registration, must have been lost in the mail. Not winning @ a Bill's show is a first for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:48 pm 
Journeyman Member

We went early on Friday morning; my friend and I wanted to put a few rounds through the Barrett .50, and we figured they'd go fast. BTW, the concussion from that thing, fired indoors, is about enough to make your nose bleed :shock:

The Barrett was put away by Saturday morning. so I'm guessing we had the right idea.

We were told they weren't allowing ANY .357 Sig out on the range, which pissed me off; I had been planning on checking out a few guns in that caliber. But on second thought, I probably didn't miss out on much, at over $30 for a box of 50 rounds.

The woman working at the Springfield table started freaking out after she saw someone OCing, which was pretty entertaining. She said it was 'scary' to see someone wandering around with a gun, since she was from Illinois. I reminded her that in MN, you pretty much only see the good guys with guns....and also (just to stir things up a bit), that there were probably 10 times as many people carrying concealed at the show. I didn't mention my trusty G17 and G26 ;-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.