Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Washington 250,000 / Mn. 60,000 =4x # of permits Why ??? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:55 am 
The Man

phorvick wrote:
joelr wrote:
phorvick wrote:

It is also clear that I have been pilloried by a few folks on this board for my range requirement.
That's not clear to me. Could you possibly quote some of that pillorying? I think there's folks -- like me, who has also said, repeatedly, that you're one of the instructors who I think do a good job, and who has been willing to teach a CLE class with you in the past and made it clear I would be happy to do that, again, in the future -- who have expressed some concerns about a ten-round qual with a borrowed, preloaded .22. Not an issue of it not being a "actual shooting qualification exercise" -- we're not talking pellet gun, NERF gun or Beamhit simulator here -- but about it being less than it ought to be.

That's a different thing than pillorying. I think you know, Paul, that I'm willing to pillory folks who I think deserve it. But either I'm misreading you or you're implying that I've been doing that to you, and I'd really hate if that were the case, as I pride myself on expressing myself clearly -- albeit perhaps sometimes a bit forcefully -- and I don't think I've done that.

Orthogonally: I'm not going to find myself, in this discussion or another, defending the wisdom of the, err, deceptive edge practices of skimping on practical matters just to get in more "trigger time," as I'm not in favor of the deceptive edge practices of skimping on practical matters just to get in more "trigger time."

No, no...not you, Joel. And, in fairness, not from anyone currently a member of TCC. I have had many profanity laden e-mails and a few messages from this person when he was a member here. He also posted similar garbage on other forums..publicly... And you know who this is...the shill for DE that has been banned.
Yup. I'll say it: it's the loathesome reptile, John Erickson/Ardent Observe/whatever. Long since banned, and, as I understand it, very happy over at the day care site, as Einthoven's Triangle or something.
Quote:

Of course it must be a real gun, real ammunition, real observation of loading/unloading/firing/safely/reasonably accurate. Where people can resonably disagree is "how many" shots we are talking about; I tend to be on the lower side (uhh...not one in a pre-loaded .22!)

I get defensive when there is generic comment of the nature that "low cost = low quality". You have NEVER said that about me and my classes...
Good. Since I don't think that about you and your classes, I'd be kind of ticked at myself if I had.
Quote:
and, any even hint of any suggestion to the contrary reflects upon my inability to realize that any such general observation is not personally reflected upon me!

And, let's do some CLE again!
I'm up for it; it was a blast. (And even has some relevance to this discussion -- I got a call from SAC Jeff Luther while we were doing that and got called out of the classroom. He'd heard about some of the shady practices stuff, and was kind enough to ask for my analysis and opinion.)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:06 am 
Longtime Regular

This thread has been split; the topic of low-cost, minimalist classes is here:
http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=12763

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.