Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Who is a good Crim Defense lawyer in the Duluth, MN area? 
 Post subject: Who is a good Crim Defense lawyer in the Duluth, MN area?
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:22 pm 
First-time poster

Who would you suggest? I'm in St. Louis County. Been searching on the forums but not finding what I am after. Would like to carry info in case it is needed. thanks-

Post subject: Re: Who is a good Crim Defense lawyer in the Duluth, MN area
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:27 pm 
The Man

mtbikebj wrote:
Who would you suggest? I'm in St. Louis County. Been searching on the forums but not finding what I am after. Would like to carry info in case it is needed. thanks-
The usual guys. Competence is more important than geography. IMHO.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'll agree with Joel on this one. I have Marc's phone number on my cell phone. I've never met the guy but if I need to I'll let him make my decisions while we work out the geography.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:31 am 
Longtime Regular

One thought, gunflint; I'm not real sure the gendarmes will let you touch your cell phone at the hoosegow. I'm sure you'll find Marc's name in the phonebook, but just thinking out loud.

Or for that matter, you may not want them fiddling with your phone looking the number up for you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:42 am 
Raving Moderate

When an acquaintance of mine got arrested some years ago (albeit not in MN), the firs thing they did after searching him for weapons was take his cell phone. He hasn't seen it since, and this was, as I said, some years ago...

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:40 am 
Longtime Regular

Part of the reason I'm a big fan of Joel's business cards. Back has the important phrases to say (but which you probably won't remember) but also has the name and number of the lawyers.

I keep it in my wallet right next to my PTC. If I need one, I'm gonna need the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:45 am 
The Man

kecker wrote:
Part of the reason I'm a big fan of Joel's business cards. Back has the important phrases to say (but which you probably won't remember) but also has the name and number of the lawyers.

I keep it in my wallet right next to my PTC. If I need one, I'm gonna need the other.
That's my theory -- which is why I went to the (thin, but durable) plastic, as it should take more wear than even good paper. Although I'm not like this guy about paper business cards; mine does fit in a wallet or a Rolodex, because, well, it belongs in a a wallet or a Rolodex.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ok plan A has just become plan B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:00 pm 
Journeyman Member

I wonder if Duluth defense attorney Richard Holmstrom would be worth contacting.

He's the lawyer who helped get the charges dismissed against the Duluth strip club owner accused of illegally carrying a pistol while intoxicated in his own club. See

http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=10265

Anyone dealt with Holmstrom, esq directly?
Here's his website:

http://www.holmstromdefends.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'm sure there are several fine defense attorneys in Duluth. My guess is that you would probably end up with one eventually. However if (God Forbid) I am forced to pull the trigger, my life changes and my reality becomes perilous immediately. I want the best that there is available for the next 72 hours.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.