Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 City of Ramsey to ease gun law. 
 Post subject: City of Ramsey to ease gun law.
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

http://www.startribune.com/local/46424217.html

From the story, ""We are trying to allow a little more hunting in Ramsey if people choose to," said Mayor Bob Ramsey, who initially raised concerns about the ordinance in a council strategic planning session. "We are allowing people, within reason, to be able to hunt and target shoot safely in the city. ...We wanted to make perfectly clear what is allowed or not allowed.""

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:21 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Ramsey expects to revise its 36-year-old firearms ordinance so more people can legally carry or shoot guns in the city of 22,500 people.

They makes it sound like they could have prevented you from legally carrying before. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:48 am 

Nice to see them considering easing restrictions in certain allowable cases instead of keeping the blanket 'nothing is allowed' stance.

I sent a note to the story's author correcting the 'conceal-and-carry' sentence.

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:06 am 
Longtime Regular

I guess it's good to be the king.

Quote:
"We are trying to allow a little more hunting in Ramsey if people choose to," said Mayor Bob Ramsey, who initially raised concerns about the ordinance in a council strategic planning session. "We are allowing people, within reason, to be able to hunt and target shoot safely in the city. ...We wanted to make perfectly clear what is allowed or not allowed."

He said residents in the northern part of Ramsey have large lots, such as his 11.5-acre property, where target shooting and some hunting can be done. A proposed new section on target shooting would "let people like me do some recreational shooting and set up a private range," Ramsey said. "If my wife and I want to go out and shoot, we can make a berm and the chief will decide if it's safe enough for a permit."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:56 am 

BigBlue wrote:
Nice to see them considering easing restrictions in certain allowable cases instead of keeping the blanket 'nothing is allowed' stance.

I sent a note to the story's author correcting the 'conceal-and-carry' sentence.

BB

Wow. He followed through and changed it. Nice.

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

But really, the carry law is only remotely related to the story.

The whole paragraph:
Quote:
The state permit to carry law, passed in 2003, directs county sheriffs to issue handgun permits to people at least 21 years old who have a clean record, no mental illness and proper gun safety training.

While factual, has no real relationship to target shooting or hunting.

A permit to carry is not a necessary condition of target shooting. (And some instructors think the obverse is true also)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:20 pm 

Never said the carry law was important to the story... I was just correcting the reference to 'conceal-and-carry' so that the misguiding reference to MN's permit to carry law was right. Any misguiding reference is a bad one, regardless of how tangential it is.

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

I know - and you did good.

Just odd that he threw that in there at all. The Minnesota Daily has had better stories than the Strib lately.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: City of Ramsey to ease gun law.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:16 pm 
First-time poster

Our outdated ordinance was unclear where discharge of a firearm was legal and where it was not. There were no changes that would concern us permit holders. With our city becoming more populated there needed to be a way for citizens to be able to hunt and target shoot legally and safely. That was the purpose for the changes.
I can assure everyone that, the city council in the city of Ramsey will defend the second amendment vigorously!!!
Bob Ramsey, Mayor

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

Thank You Sir!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

BobRamsey wrote:
I can assure everyone that, the city council in the city of Ramsey will defend the second amendment vigorously!!!
Bob Ramsey, Mayor

Now if only the County was the same way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ramsey is in Anoka County.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'm aware of that...I was just saying it would be nice if the County took a similar attitude.

In short I was daydreaming.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:45 am 
Raving Moderate

BobRamsey wrote:
Our outdated ordinance was unclear where discharge of a firearm was legal and where it was not. There were no changes that would concern us permit holders. With our city becoming more populated there needed to be a way for citizens to be able to hunt and target shoot legally and safely. That was the purpose for the changes.
Bob Ramsey, Mayor

Thank you, Sir, and welcome aboard!

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:09 am 
The Man

BobRamsey wrote:
Bob Ramsey, Mayor

Fair enough, Mr. Mayor. Thanks for stopping by; feel free to pull up a chair and hang around.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.