Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Can HCSO be trusted to save your life 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

diskdoctr@yahoo.com wrote:
Or until Tuesday when my city accepts purchase permit apps again.

Huh? I don't recall seeing anything in the law about not "accepting" purchase permit apps. What city? (PM if you prefer.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:30 pm 
Journeyman Member

Andrew Rothman wrote:
diskdoctr@yahoo.com wrote:
Or until Tuesday when my city accepts purchase permit apps again.

Huh? I don't recall seeing anything in the law about not "accepting" purchase permit apps. What city? (PM if you prefer.)

Brooklyn Park lists on their website that due to the volume they only accept purchase apps on Tuesdays

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

disk is correct. Here is what their site says. "State law requires that the police department must approve or deny the permit request within seven (7) days of application. In the interest of complying with this requirement and maintaining efficiency within the police department, applications will be officially accepted on Tuesdays only. The seven day period will begin each Tuesday. As a convenience to residents, we will take applications at any other time but will not take any action on them until the following Tuesday. Applications must be brought in by the applicant themselves. Identification must be verified by the staff member receiving the application, therefore, a second party cannot submit the form for another.

Permits to purchase will not be approved to any person where one or more of the statutory restrictions apply. These restrictions are listed on page 4 of the Handgun Acquisition Permit form published by the State of Minnesota. Permits will not be granted if the application is not completed or is found to contain false or incorrect information."

Maybe, if I lived in BP, I could just decide to not pay some tax or other, except on the 3rd Tuesday after the last full moon as long as the day does not end in y. What BS.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

Didn't we just go through some bullshit with Brooklyn Park last year?

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:29 pm 
Journeyman Member

They say " In the interest of complying with this requirement..." but show no interest in doing so.

Changing "within 7 days" to "within 13 days" by sitting on applications is not compliance. If they're open, and someone hands them an application, the 7 day countdown must start, in my IANAL view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:45 am 

And, even if they don't do it in the 7 day period, there's no penalty levied against them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.