Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:26 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post Office question. 
 Post subject: Re: Post Office question.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

Maverick68 wrote:
Wait...

I'm sorry. Maybe I still have a little alcohol running through my veins from July 4 or I don't understand the subtle jokes and sarcasm. 8)

Can we carry (concealed) into a real (with Eagle on front of building, American Flag waiving) US Post Office legally?

It's ok, this topic is all about subtle jokes and sarcasm.

Answer: Depends if you want to be a test case.

There is a provision in the Post Office's ban on weapons that allows carry for a "lawful purpose". The question is, would the federal government view carrying on a permit a lawful purpose?

I think a good lawyer could successfully argue that it is indeed a lawful purpose. The problem is that if you carry into a Post Office and get caught, you're going to need a lawyer to make that argument.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:40 pm 

Gotcha-

I think I will keep my money and lock up my weapon before entering!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

Maverick68 wrote:
Gotcha-

I think I will keep my money and lock up my weapon before entering!

And for all the jokes about the various federal LE agencies, the Postal Inspectors are no joke. They have zero sense of humor, from my experience with them.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:34 am 
Longtime Regular

mrokern wrote:
the Postal Inspectors are no joke. They have zero sense of humor, from my experience with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MOauy4Bfyc

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:36 am 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
mrokern wrote:
the Postal Inspectors are no joke. They have zero sense of humor, from my experience with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MOauy4Bfyc

Somehow I think Newman would have a hard time passing the physical agility test... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

Not that I want to be a test case, but who, in the post office, could stop you if they did happen to see what they believed to be, your holster or more? What if you just walked out at that point? Could you still be stopped in the lot? The signs are on the doors to the facility, not the parking lot. I am just curious.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

Moby Clarke wrote:
Not that I want to be a test case, but who, in the post office, could stop you if they did happen to see what they believed to be, your holster or more? What if you just walked out at that point? Could you still be stopped in the lot? The signs are on the doors to the facility, not the parking lot. I am just curious.

I don't want to find out, and a dedicated parking lot is still considered federal property to my knowledge.

I doubt you'll find Postal Inspectors at every local office, but I'd expect to find them at some of the bigger offices here in the metro.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.