Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 CC issues... anyone? 
 Post subject: CC issues... anyone?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

Has anyone here ever had any issues with carrying concealed and getting either kicked out, singled out, yelled at, or anything bad? I've never been made, or at least no one has said anything to me unless its a friend thats just checking if im carrying (the answer always seems to be yes!). I would be surprised if the sheep made someone and went even farther by making a stink about it.

ETA: I dont mean at family events, I know some of you have issues with that. I mean in public places etc.

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject: Re: CC issues... anyone?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

nope

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

Not once. Family events included.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:50 am 
Longtime Regular

nope. Worst I've gotten is a raised eyebrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:29 am 
Longtime Regular

Only out of Target once while open carrying. Never with my shirt untucked or now that Srigs made me that awesome tuckable never while concealed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:20 am 

I was at a church event (always tricky, because every is so huggy. . .) and as I was leaving a friend of mine came over to give me a manly embrace. The trick is to always go low on your carrying side so that they go high. Well, I went low and he went low anyway. . . He went completely white and just had this "Oh, crap." look on his face. He never mentioned it again and neither have I. I am planning on inviting him out to the range one of these days.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:38 am 
Longtime Regular

Nope. I try to avoid huggy situations anyway but sometimes it's unavoidable.
Once in a while some of my friends will ask (in public); "are you packin'?".
I usually just ignore the question. Most of them have got the message by now.

With Srigs IWB on (if I'm just walking around), I tend to forget that I have a weapon on me.
I usually only notice it if I'm sitting. As its a tuckable IWB holster, there is no way that the gun gets exposed, no matter what i'm doing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:57 am 

Nope - other then friends asking me if I'm packin. (That is why I stopped telling people that I carry, since I am starting to find the question annoying)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:25 am 

I've never been 'made' out in public as I always carry concealed (even though I think there are some benefits to open carry..but we don't need to keep beating that long dead horse). However, I did have one amusing situation happen (well it wasn't amusing at the time). I had just started carrying and I was at one of the malls...Harmar Mall I believe (don't go there very often). I was carrying OWB at 3:00 with a t-shirt covering my S&W 340PD .357. I had been at the mall for a bit going to a few places. I finally decided to grab something to eat at the food court. I was in line waiting to order when I happen to look down and notice that my t-shirt had ridden up over the gun and holster and was in view. I immediately recounted all the places I'd been and felt sure someone must have seen me and the mall cop was probably looking for me at that very moment. Being new to carrying and wanting to avoid the impending (in my mind) confrontation with said mall security agent, I decided to forgo the meal and leave. Now, in retrospect it is doubtful that anyone even noticed my gun being exposed for the simple fact that I am in a wheelchair and with the arm rests of the chair blocking the view from the side, the only way someone would really see the gun is from a straight on view. While possible, it's probably unlikely that anyone saw it. But, when you are new to carrying, you always assume everyone can see your gun no matter how well concealed it is, or isn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:02 pm 

340PD wrote:
But, when you are new to carrying, you always assume everyone can see your gun no matter how well concealed it is, or isn't.

:D Yep. It's amazing how quickly the novelty fades.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

djeepp wrote:
340PD wrote:
But, when you are new to carrying, you always assume everyone can see your gun no matter how well concealed it is, or isn't.

I dunno, for me it took a little while. Joel and I discussed this at one point, and I don't want to speak for him, but....well I will :D it sounds like for most of his students, you're correct it disappears quickly. For whatever reason, it was a couple months before I stopped having even a twitch in the back of my mind that someone might see it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:57 am 
Journeyman Member

i thought everyone could see it too. then i tried open carry a few times to see what would happen. nothing, no one appeared to notice. after that i did not worry about people seeing it. now i don't worry about someone seeing it as it will not be an issue.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:35 am 

djeepp wrote:
340PD wrote:

That, and the fact that sheep generally don't walk around in public paying special attention to peoples mid-sections.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:16 am 
Longtime Regular

I have never been made myself but I have a friend who was open carrying and had a “man with a gun” call placed about him. Seems the Minneapolis police didn’t have much to do so two cruisers showed up. This was a while ago but as I recall not much happened after he produced his permit and license. I think they advised him that perhaps OC wasn’t the best choice but they didn’t tell him he couldn’t.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

I've never had a bad experience, never heard a cross word. Got a look once or twice in a restaurant and once or twice in some store. But - I've gotten looks once or twice from messy hair and dirty clothes. I normally carry discreetly (I really hate even using the phrase "concealed carry" as the Strib has ruined that phrase for me) but not always.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.