Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Fletchers Term 
 Post subject: Fletchers Term
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:43 pm 

I've got 2 questions. First one, When is Fletcher's term over with? I've looked around but i cannot find any info. Number two, Who was the person Fletcher was running against on his last election and when is his stand on carry laws?

Post subject: Re: Fletchers Term
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

Fletcher beat Willliam Finney, who had been St. Paul police chief, in 2006, to serve another four-year term(1). So, the next election will be in November 2010.

Finney, while a gun nut himself, was never a supporter of "civilian" carry.

(1) http://minnesota.publicradio.org/displa ... tysheriff/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:25 pm 
Journeyman Member

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Fletcher beat Willliam Finney, who had been St. Paul police chief, in 2006, to serve another four-year term(1). So, the next election will be in November 2010.

Finney, while a gun nut himself, was never a supporter of "civilian" carry.

(1) http://minnesota.publicradio.org/displa ... tysheriff/

Dang, that hurts, what a shame. I am seriously thinkin I should move to one of the "sane" counties. Which one though? :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:42 am 
Longtime Regular

Well, Carver ain't bad. The sheriff isn't a fan of carry, but mostly does his job with no fuss.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:43 am 

Looks like he won by a narrow margin:

BOB FLETCHER 92597 (50.12%)
BILL FINNEY 91464 (49.50%)
Write-In WRITE-IN** 704 (0.38%)

http://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/20061107/ElecRslts.asp?CtyCd=62&M=CTY&Races=0404&CtyNm=Ramsey&ZoneName=&DID=

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:07 am 
Longtime Regular

Certainly hasn't done much to win friends. Influence people yes, but not win friends. Is there a decent canidate ready to roll out this time? Whoever the next sheriff is, that is who is going to approve (or not) my next renewal & that is a pretty big issue for me. It'd be nice to start backing someone & maybe getting their name out there would be what the local media needs to inspire them to talk more candidly about some of the ethics issues with the current sheriff.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:16 am 

Any good candidates come to mind, or do you think Finney will run again?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:25 am 
Longtime Regular

Whoever decides to run against Fletcher, or whomever is chosen to run again Fletcher, should be well prepared to have a clandestine "thorough" investigation (criminal and political) done on themselves, courtesy of a countless number of Ramsey County sheriff's deputies. Fletcher kept the Win-Foster issue in his pocket until he needed it, anticipating for years that Finney might challenge him politically one day. Had he raised that cold case earlier (the entire amount of evidence against Foster was known back in 1981), it would not have been nearly as possible to embarrass Finney at election time. Timing is everything, and Fletcher knows it. Finney has a ton of other criminal and ethical baggage (Finney and Fletcher appear to be well qualified to occupy prison cells for the rest of their lives) that Fletcher is still gunny-sacking, which makes it highly unlikely that Finney will ever throw his hat into the political ring in the future.

Is there an ethical "white knight" LEO out there in Ramsey County suitable to run for Sheriff? I believe we will have about as much luck in that as Diogenes had finding an honest man.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.