Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Tell me this guy isn't a permit holder... 
 Post subject: Tell me this guy isn't a permit holder...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:49 pm 

St. Paul shooting suspect caught near New Orleans

St. Paul police say a man charged with shooting a 14-year-old boy on Fourth of July night has been arrested near New Orleans.

Cary Francis Schmidt had been freed Monday after a judge rejected the initial charges. The 49-year-old was charged again Friday with one count of second-degree assault, but had left town.

Police spokesman Paul Schnell says Schmidt was found Friday night at a residence in St. Tammany Parish, La., where he was apparently visiting friends and relatives, and arrested without incident. He was in custody Saturday and awaiting extradition.

Police have said Schmidt might have been fed up with fireworks going off. The victim, Gunnar Footh, has been released from the hospital. It’s unclear if he was the intended target.

Post subject: Re: Tell me this guy isn't a permit holder...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:29 pm 

He used a .22 Caliber Rifle according to reports....

Hopefully not.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

On the face of it, he appears to be someone that a mother would deny being part of her litter.*

*All puns and inferences fully intended.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:23 pm 

No... If he had been a permit holder he wouldn't have made it out of the state- Law Enforcement would have had him in cuffs day one and he'd still be in custody.

"There are good men and bad men of all nationalities, creeds and colors; and if this world of ours is ever to become what we hope some day it may become, it must be by the general recognition that the man's heart and soul, the man's worth and actions, determine his standing."
-Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

Harland wrote:
No... If he had been a permit holder he wouldn't have made it out of the state- Law Enforcement would have had him in cuffs day one and he'd still be in custody.

And we'd be hearing the howls from the media non-stop.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:27 pm 

Don't forget the soccer moms with picket signs protesting outside of the police station with their fight that "all permits should be revoked"

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.