Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:15 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 I know, just what you wanted... another CC'ing LIBERAL. 
 Post subject: Re: I know, just what you wanted... another CC'ing LIBERAL.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

I believe the appropriate smiley is:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:19 pm 

OP'er = :bang:

I like the cat .gif.

:D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hey, I called Bullshit by his 3rd post. Do I get a gold star by my avatar or something? :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:39 pm 
Journeyman Member

This thread made me feel stupid. :) I learned a lot about both sides on this (the wrong side and our side).

You had friggen Latin, law, long dictionary words, words even the guys using the big words had to look up. Hahaha. This was a great thread!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:47 pm 
Gun-Toting Liberal

Boy I go away and do life stuff for a couple days and what happens, weirdness. Uncle Harley needs a SSRI or two I think. I'm kinda glad I missed it as I was cussing fairly often tonight and I think I would have gotten chastised again.

"We are therefore persuaded that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment incorporates the Second Amendment and applies it against the states and local governments." Nordyke v. King 4/20/09

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

Scott, I feel bad. I didn't mean to leave you out of the list of token liberals. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:10 pm 

Ok. I gotta ask.

Do people really talk/write like that or was he taking an hour each time to rewrite his posts (premeditatively :wink: replacing $.10 words with $5 words)?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

Maverick68 wrote:
Ok. I gotta ask.

Do people really talk/write like that or was he taking an hour each time to rewrite his posts (premeditatively :wink: replacing $.10 words with $5 words)?

Unfortunately, they really do talk and write like that.

I had to take a multicultural philosophy course as a cross-discipline thing for my political philosophy series in college. The professor actually TALKED like that in every lecture.

She came to an agreement with me. She gave me an "AB" (kind of an A- / B+ for those used to normal grading) in the class, and I stopped coming to her lectures. Seriously! :D

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:38 pm 
Journeyman Member

mrokern wrote:
Maverick68 wrote:
Ok. I gotta ask.

I had to take a multicultural philosophy course as a cross-discipline thing for my political philosophy series in college. The professor actually TALKED like that in every lecture.

She came to an agreement with me. She gave me an "AB" (kind of an A- / B+ for those used to normal grading) in the class, and I stopped coming to her lectures. Seriously! :D

-Mark

Wow, were you that much of a PITA? :lol: That's awesome. Kinda reminds me of my college algebra (yeah, I'm dang near retarded in math, well I never learned in when I was younger). I showed up 14 total days of school and had was having problems in the AM with my gout so I couldn't make it in. I missed my midterm and my final and he gave me a B :) He said you seemed like you knew what you were doing and you did all the homework and got great test scores in the 14 days you were here. That guy is a champion.

I aint smart, but I can lift heavy things! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

I had ignored this thread til tonight....glad I got through it all..

I have only two points to make.

First, the world needs people who can think in theory. It also needs those of us who inhabit the real world.

Second, I believe the drinking age was raised to 21, not because of the number of youth-related accidents, but because we wanted our federal hwy funding.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

ssax wrote:
mrokern wrote:
Maverick68 wrote:
Ok. I gotta ask.

-Mark

Wow, were you that much of a PITA? :lol: That's awesome. Kinda reminds me of my college algebra (yeah, I'm dang near retarded in math, well I never learned in when I was younger). I showed up 14 total days of school and had was having problems in the AM with my gout so I couldn't make it in. I missed my midterm and my final and he gave me a B :) He said you seemed like you knew what you were doing and you did all the homework and got great test scores in the 14 days you were here. That guy is a champion.

There were 4 or 5 of us who were a constant PITA to her. This lady was so far left she was off the charts. We were never disrespectful, but we brought constant facts to bear on her arguments. I guess she thought it made her look bad...hey, it's her fault she ran the classroom as an open debate, and the rest of the class was more than happy to defer to our little group!

I was the worst of the bunch for her. My formal emphasis was Constitutional Law (I did the pre-law track), and our professor required you to stand up for yourself if you wanted anything above a C. :D Best person I could have ever had introduce me to the subject.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:07 am 
Longtime Regular

Yesterday, I was notified by Dictionary.com that I have burned up their bandwidth for the next four months. They are not happy with me. I directed them to this thread as my plea for overextending their site and they just got back to me and have recinded their ban on my IP and have, in fact, stated they are currently looking up some of the words used just to be sure they have them correct on their site. :lol: :lol:

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:17 am 
Journeyman Member

mrokern wrote:
ssax wrote:
mrokern wrote:
Maverick68 wrote:
Ok. I gotta ask.

-Mark

There were 4 or 5 of us who were a constant PITA to her. This lady was so far left she was off the charts. We were never disrespectful, but we brought constant facts to bear on her arguments. I guess she thought it made her look bad...hey, it's her fault she ran the classroom as an open debate, and the rest of the class was more than happy to defer to our little group!

I was the worst of the bunch for her. My formal emphasis was Constitutional Law (I did the pre-law track), and our professor required you to stand up for yourself if you wanted anything above a C. :D Best person I could have ever had introduce me to the subject.

-Mark

:lol: I can definitely imagine that conversation taking place with her. She knew that she was on losing ground and conceded to you. That sir, IS hilarious!!! Sounds like fun. I need me some debating skills.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:20 am 
Longtime Regular

Moby Clarke wrote:
Yesterday, I was notified by Dictionary.com that I have burned up their bandwidth for the next four months. They are not happy with me. I directed them to this thread as my plea for overextending their site and they just got back to me and have recinded their ban on my IP and have, in fact, stated they are currently looking up some of the words used just to be sure they have them correct on their site. :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:30 am 
The Man

tman065 wrote:
I had ignored this thread til tonight....glad I got through it all..

I have only two points to make.

First, the world needs people who can think in theory. It also needs those of us who inhabit the real world.

Yeah, but you've demonstrated that you can do both. This guy doesn't do either.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.