Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:17 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 County Fair Experiences this year 
 Post subject: County Fair Experiences this year
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:07 pm 

So now that the County Fair season is winding down, how did things go this year.
Any issues?

Post subject: Re: County Fair Experiences this year
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:09 pm 
Journeyman Member

No issues at the Dakota County fair, but I was CC'ing a P-9 in a pocket holster. I spent most of my time watching my boy jump around on all the inflatable climbing/bouncing games that were set up in one area.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

No issues at our fair - other then an escapee horse that ran right down the middle of the fair grounds. And another broken toe due to saving some little old lady from getting stomped by one of our horses... People pay absolutly NO attention to what is going on around them...

As I'm a 4H leader, I covered, but made little attempt to hide (basically the way I carry all the time)

As noted in a prior post - my daughter won grand champion gilt as well as grand champion showman in her class. My son also won grand champion hobby chicken and a state fair trip for his nuclear energy board.

All around a busy but good 5 days.

Mostly-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

Went to the demolition derby at the Dakota County fair last Tues. Carried a S&W 637 in an IWB holster covered by a light sweatshirt.

No questions, no problems, and no visible/compliant signs.

Round two will be the State Fair-a place I wouldn't *think* of going without carrying.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:40 pm 

I manned the booth for the Gun club I belong to for most of the day on Saturday at the Dakota County Fair. I open carried my Walther P5 compact in a belt holster with thumbreak. To my knowledge, I had one off duty officer with his family stop by (I'll quote him - "an armed society is a polite society" as he talked with me) and one Sheriff's deputy who did not say anything about the holster and its' contents. An informational time was had by all. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

I’ve carried at every county fair I have attended this summer, 4, with no issues. I intend to carry at all I attend and the State Fair too.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.