Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:58 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What if your child's school is locked down? 
 Post subject: Re: What if your child's school is locked down?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:03 am 
Longtime Regular

Moby Clarke wrote:
... I think I may have to talk to the principal about this and what other measures the school is taking.

Which is what all parents should do, that is talk to their school staff (not just the principal but any staff that might come into play) about what the school's practices are. And if you have suggestions that they might just listen to, lay them out. And perhaps talk to your child about what to do before anything happens (obviously a preschooler and a HS senior will need different discussions).

This is what I do at the start of each school year. And I reemphasize the importance of not being complacent with teachers, principal, and office staff at various points throughout the year. Of course, I can manage to be vigilant without appearing to be too loony as our family does have an actual, bona fide nutcase to contend with and we do share the relevant case records, HROs, and court orders with the staff to drive the point home and help them understand what to do if our nutcase shows his face.

Post subject: Re: What if your child's school is locked down?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:28 pm 

Macx wrote:
Reason number 192 to consider homeschooling/ small collective schooling. The more I hear stuff like this and the more I see great results with friends that have older kids . . . the more I think public school is, not something I want to do to my kids.

Sorry for the topic drift but I can't resist. I have a 10 year old in a MPLS public school. It's laughable the low level of curriculum they're teaching these days. I guess when you have to cater to the lowest common denominator which happens to be children of illegals that can barely speak a sentence of English, this is what you get. If you have a choice between MPLS public schools, open enrollment in a suburb, or home school, you're a fool to handicap your children's future by putting them in public inner city schools. This isn't mentioning the gang violence even in the middle schools. And before it's mentioned, we have been fools so far, we're looking into other options.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.