Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:16 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 State Park Carry? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:10 pm 
Wise Elder

Quote:
It's kind of weirdly self-contradictory; they claim that CCW supercedes MR 6100.0800, subpart 1 which prohibits uncased/loaded firearms in state parks. But in the part about shining, they claim that shining wild animals while possessiing a firearm IS a violation of the shining laws, even with a permit to carry.

If the CCW law trumps other bans on firearms (the "State Park" law MR6100.0800, subpart1), why wouldn't it equally trump MS 97B.081 (shining law) or the Archery law?

As long as the agency is talking out of both sides of it's mouth a conviction is unlikely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:26 pm 
The Man

KimberMan wrote:
Quote:
It's kind of weirdly self-contradictory; they claim that CCW supercedes MR 6100.0800, subpart 1 which prohibits uncased/loaded firearms in state parks. But in the part about shining, they claim that shining wild animals while possessiing a firearm IS a violation of the shining laws, even with a permit to carry.

If the CCW law trumps other bans on firearms (the "State Park" law MR6100.0800, subpart1), why wouldn't it equally trump MS 97B.081 (shining law) or the Archery law?

As long as the agency is talking out of both sides of it's mouth a conviction is unlikely.
Well, Joe may be right on that -- and he probably is -- but speaking in terms of policy, I'd prefer that shining wild animals while carrying be unlawful. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with having the means to defend yourself while out in the woods at night, nor having a flashlight while doing so, but shining seems to me to be very unsportsmanlike, and I don't have a problem with it being illegal.

That said, my own preferred solution to shiners and poachers is RoboDeer -- see http://www.whoseflorida.com/wfl-images/robodeer.JPG . Let the shining poacher shoot a realistic animal, and then you unambiguously can prove his intent.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.