Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:34 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Due Notification to State, Sheriffs, etc? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
Just got off the phone with Captain Frandrup. She said because of the hundreds of requests, budget cuts, lack of manpower, etc., they do not send out a conformation letter anymore.

Aha. Well, that makes it once more a very good idea to send the letters return receipt requested -- or perhaps to send a SASE with a preprinted receipt for them to sign?

Last edited by Andrew Rothman on Wed May 03, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:57 pm 
1911 tainted

Andrew Rothman wrote:
cobb wrote:
Just got off the phone with Captain Frandrup. She said because of the hundreds of requests, budget cuts, lack of manpower, etc., they do not send out a conformation letter anymore.

Aha. Well, that makes it once more a very good idea to send the letters return receipt requested -- or perhaps to send a SASE with a preprinted receipt for them to sign?

And yes I did send it certified mail with a return receipt as suggest on this forum. 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

Dang! Sent mine about 2 weeks ago - Regular mail... since they were sending out confirmation of notice letters. I wonder if a call would get a confirmation of receipt?

I won't be able to make the birthday party anyways. Back Surgery - won't be able to drive for most of the following week.

Sucks getting old!

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:33 am 
1911 tainted

mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:
I wonder if a call would get a confirmation of receipt?

If you mean a letter, no. During my conversation with Captain Frandrup, even the suggestion of me requesting a conformation letter and sending a self addressed envelope with return postage was not acceptable.

Unless it says somewhere that a conformation letter is required by law or procedure, I don't think you will be doing anything but wasting time by requesting a letter. It was maybe something they where doing out of convenience for the few that notified the Capital of their intentions, but they no longer have the resources to cover the volume and the practice has ceased.

From our coversation, the only conformation you can get is a verbal one from Capital Police.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:26 am 
The Man

Well, that's unfortunate, but understandable. I'm a big fan of Captain Frandrup, and if she says that they don't have the resources to send out confirmations, they don't --

-- and that's a good thing: it means that there's a lot of notification letters going in.

For me, it'll mean just one change in my class -- I'll give folks the phone number of Capitol Security and tell them to doublecheck after a couple of weeks. Easier than sending it certified.

No biggie.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:37 am 
1911 tainted

joelr wrote:
-- and that's a good thing: it means that there's a lot of notification letters going in.

Yes, she did mention hundreds.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:42 am 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
joelr wrote:

Hee hee.

For the sheer political value of the state seeing all the permit holders, maybe we -- as instructors -- ought to hand out pre-written notification letters and preaddressed envelopes to our students, to encourage them to notify. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:57 am 
Delicate Flower

Andrew Rothman wrote:
cobb wrote:
joelr wrote:

Hee hee.

For the sheer political value of the state seeing all the permit holders, maybe we -- as instructors -- ought to hand out pre-written notification letters and preaddressed envelopes to our students, to encourage them to notify. :)

Are they done yet? :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:12 am 
Longtime Regular

ttousi wrote:
Andrew Rothman wrote:
Hee hee.

Are they done yet? :)

Sure. Stop by any time to pick yours up. :)

Post subject: Re: Due Notification to State, Sheriffs, etc?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:24 pm 

I did a search for "courthouse" and this is the post that came up. I know this is an old post, but I couldn't find it anywhere else.

I am occasionally in the Hennepin County Courthouse (lobby level) filing evictions and would prefer not to disarm or leave my gun at home that day. If I read the thread correctly from back in 2005, it says that if you are caught carrying, you could be held in contempt.

Is this still the answer?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:30 pm 
The Man

Maverick68 wrote:
I did a search for "courthouse" and this is the post that came up. I know this is an old post, but I couldn't find it anywhere else.

I am occasionally in the Hennepin County Courthouse (lobby level) filing evictions and would prefer not to disarm or leave my gun at home that day. If I read the thread correctly from back in 2005, it says that if you are caught carrying, you could be held in contempt.

Is this still the answer?

Yup. If you ever want to be a test case on that, you'll likely have a fair amount of support, but I'd advise against it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:18 pm 
Journeyman Member

grayskys wrote:
Do the letters ever expire, like say when your permit expires or after one year?

I sent my letter into the sate before the tea party and called in a week later to verify that I was on the list. I also asked how long it was good for and they said as long as my permit is valid.

Bersa Thunder 380
Beretta 92FS
Smith and Wesson M&P15

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:07 pm 
Poet Laureate

Rotary12 wrote:
I sent my letter into the sate... ...and called in a week later to verify that I was on the list.

Ah, the list.
I love reading posts from "listers". It always makes me smile. :D

:bang: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:55 pm 
Journeyman Member

YES... I finally get to say I'm on "The LIST"!!! :D

Bersa Thunder 380
Beretta 92FS
Smith and Wesson M&P15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:58 pm 

I was at the Henn Cty Sheriff's office last week and was chatting with the deputy. I said "I have my carry permit, I know I can't carry in the courthouse, is this building [the sheriff's building] also off-limits?" He said yes and then said a conceal carry permit holder was arrested earlier in the week for carrying by the "family court" area? They said it was a women, but didn't know much more.

I tried to Google it, but found nothing.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.