Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:26 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 gunfreezones.com? 
 Post subject: gunfreezones.com?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:02 pm 

Does anyone know how often http://www.gunfreezones.com/ is updated, I've followed it (somewhat) for awhile, but i'm not sure if they are very up to date, as I only see one posting for Minneapolis this year.

Does anyone else ever check out the site?

The last news on there is from 2004, I wonder if the site admin has given up maintaining it.

"Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Night Watch)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

Yeah, it seems to have fallen off. One reason is that there are so few new signs.

I was quite surprised to see one at Buck's Unpainted, a furniture store in Chanhassen. I called and spoke with Ray Buck, one of the co-owners.

He told me that he thought that he had to post the sign, by law. I explained that he didn't. He asked me to send him a letter, and that he'd discuss it with his co-owners.

I sent that letter via email Monday.

I'm going to be patient for another week, trhen follow up.

(Then, if they don't wake up, I'll ask y'all to join the email campaign :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:33 pm 

I've posted a couple things on the site...if you 'register' you can add/edit comments.

Dunno if it would be recreating the wheel by starting something similar here :wink: :wink:

Or...does anyone know who runs that site? Maybe we can give it a bit of an overhaul...I'm sure there are enough people here who care enough to get a database of that nature back up and current again.

~mtd

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.