Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:24 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 I had an interesting visit to Rainbow Foods 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:30 pm 
Journeyman Member

Not Mexican, "mexican-carrying".

No holster.

In his waistband.

Without a holster.

Sans leather.

Looks like a thug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:38 pm 
Journeyman Member

Let me try again.

Your walking down the sidewalk with your spouse. You see a... not very nice looking person (whatever race), coming toward you, and he is carrying an uncased rifle.

Most rifles can shoot across the street, so crossing the street might not get the desired result.

In light of what that kid did a couple of years ago (or not), how should a person react, if at all?

It's a simple question, and obviously there is not one single correct answer, so I guess I'm asking what you guys might do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Okay, I'll bite, just cause I'm feeling onry.

So it has been a frustrating day and I decide to go for a walk with my AKish thing. . . a .308 built on AK architecture sporting an illuminated range finding fixed powered optic sidesaddle with a laser, either of which can be looked under for iron sight backup. Yeah, so I am going for a walk . . . actually no, some creep has just gotten into my front porch and just about passed through the front door when the sound of a rock and locked magazine and a heavy bolt slamming forward inspire an about face. I may meet you and your wife on the sidewalk, actually I am just clearing the sides of my house from a distance rather than hugging the side of the house, yeah, I look half crazed and maybe even a bit pissed off. . . am I a threat to you? nah, you can just go ahead and have your walk, maybe you could offer to help look for the creep or keep your eyes open & call the po-po on your cell if ya see a creep trying to make entry, down the block.

Turning it around. . . I am walking with my sweetie and I see the same thing. I am going to discretely close on you so your rifle loses it's distance advantage and I am going to ready to draw. I'm gonna ask you what's up. I may even offer to help, or at least stand watch while you circle around. If you aren't interested in help, I am cool with that too.

On the other hand, unlike alot of gungrabbers, I am aware that if somebody has a rifle like mine out in an urban setting and I hadn't noticed it in previous blocks, I am already too close to get away just crossing the street ain't gonna get it.

I think the more likely scenario (rather than somebody walking around with an uncased long gun) is the unholstered waistband carry that was mentioned before. Ain't no thing to me. If he can't afford a holster, he probably can't afford to practice either. I am confident thaat my training and practice time could outweigh any luck factor, combined with the slowwer draw that would be necessitated by carrying in waistband, sans holster, yet secure enough that it doesn't fall out routinely.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.