Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 6:12 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Is somebody from here holding a class on 20 Nov? 
 Post subject: Is somebody from here holding a class on 20 Nov?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:16 am 
Longtime Regular

I was glancing at the paper over at my fiancee's place & noticed a class advertised for Sunday, that included breakfast & a price about $100. I don't have the add in front of me & though I should have written down the #. . . I had other things on my mind.

A sidenote, (could go in the freefire zone but I don't feel a need to start another thread) I finally got my employment situation straightened out & I will be working in Downtown St.Paul :D An actual paycheck :D Yahoo! so now I feel I can actually loosen up the purse strings and get my CCW situation squared away. Sunday would be good, or even Sat if anybody has a class going on (the one with breakfast sounded good though).

Post subject: Re: Is somebody from here holding a class on 20 Nov?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:51 pm 
on probation

Macx wrote:
I was glancing at the paper over at my fiancee's place & noticed a class advertised for Sunday, that included breakfast & a price about $100. I don't have the add in front of me & though I should have written down the #. . . I had other things on my mind.

A sidenote, (could go in the freefire zone but I don't feel a need to start another thread) I finally got my employment situation straightened out & I will be working in Downtown St.Paul :D An actual paycheck :D Yahoo! so now I feel I can actually loosen up the purse strings and get my CCW situation squared away. Sunday would be good, or even Sat if anybody has a class going on (the one with breakfast sounded good though).
We have one on sunday at 9:00Am but it's 150.00. Joel have one I think on Sat. at 9:00 Am. You ca n check out our web at www.creditcardshotgun.com and click on the 2 flyers link to see what we teach.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:00 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

How about $100 and you buy me breakfast?

Just kidding.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:03 pm 
on probation

Pakrat wrote:
How about $100 and you buy me breakfast?

Just kidding.
How about 150.00 and you take my Xwife out? and Im NOT KINDDING :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:45 pm 
Forum Moderator

I have a MN+UT/muiltistate class on the 20th. 11am, but alas it is in NW MN ...price is right though!

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:27 pm 

My class is $100.00, and I usually have a class every Saturday, in St. Louis Park.

Don Larson
MDL Inc.

Post subject: Re: Is somebody from here holding a class on 20 Nov?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:08 pm 
The Man

Macx wrote:

As Mark suggested, I've got a class tomorrow -- 9AM. $175, which includes the book, the multi-state permit handouts... everything except range fees (paid to the range) and ammunition.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

The one pinch. I know where I am living this week. I am actively looking for more permanent place to live now. Right now I am in the Powderhorn Park area, but looking for something between Snelling and Downtown St. Paul. Is it a hassle to change adresses, should I maybe just wait until first weekend of Dec?

Or, I guess I could go ahead and take a class & it would be good for a while? I could wait to file my paperwork until I have a more permanent location?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:31 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

The training certificate is good for at least a year. I don't know if it's actually in the law like that, but that's what I heard while the law had been repealed.

EDIT- Just looked it up, it is in the law. 1 year.
Quote:
Subd. 2a. Training in the safe use of a pistol. (a)
An applicant must present evidence that the applicant received
training
in the safe use of a pistol within one year of the date
of an
original or renewal application. ...

The training is the easy part, it's the waiting 30 days that's a pain (x30).

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

Macx wrote:
Right now I am in the Powderhorn Park area, but looking for something between Snelling and Downtown St. Paul.
:shock:

Um... If I were you... I'd get the training NOW!! And your permit applied for as soon as you change addresses!

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.