Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:31 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Republican fundraising calls after the reciprocity fiasco! 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:36 am 
Longtime Regular

Besides guns, Gov stands for a lot of issues I support. That's why i support him.
Can you imagine our taxe rate if a Dem was in charge.

Until someone better comes along, Tim has my support

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:57 pm 
Journeyman Member

Can you imaging our tax rate if we had someone in the Gov's office with a backbone! :D

Bersa Thunder 380
Beretta 92FS
Smith and Wesson M&P15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

Rotary12 wrote:
Can you imaging our tax rate if we had someone in the Gov's office with a backbone! :D

Eh, you have to admit that was a fairly creative bitchslap the governor dealt the DFL this last session with his unallotment move.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

Perhaps. But for good or ill, WE elected the lege, and they are there to carry out OUR will. When Timmy thwarts them, we move that much closer to one-man rule.

Shades of Putin.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:18 pm 

kecker wrote:
Rotary12 wrote:

Eh, you have to admit that was a fairly creative bitchslap the governor dealt the DFL this last session with his unallotment move.

I don't know it may just have been good tactics by the DFL since they will be able to attack him on any of the cuts that will have to be made and this baggage would follow him especially in a national contest where these cuts can be taken out of context. Now if he was known as a person with a strong set of values and moral fortitude he could pull a John Wayne with a move like this but from what we have seen that's unlikely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

chunkstyle wrote:
Perhaps. But for good or ill, WE elected the lege, and they are there to carry out OUR will. When Timmy thwarts them, we move that much closer to one-man rule.

Shades of Putin.

It would be nice if they carried out my will, which they don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:06 am 
Raving Moderate

Mattxd wrote:
kecker wrote:
Rotary12 wrote:

I don't know it may just have been good tactics by the DFL since they will be able to attack him on any of the cuts that will have to be made and this baggage would follow him especially in a national contest where these cuts can be taken out of context. Now if he was known as a person with a strong set of values and moral fortitude he could pull a John Wayne with a move like this but from what we have seen that's unlikely.

Oh, but he is known as a person with a strong set of values- he values whatever he thinks will get him votes... </snark>

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:09 am 

Just heard that Timmy will be having a press conference this afternoon at 2 to announce he won't seek a third term.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:31 am 
Longtime Regular

Judge wrote:
Just heard that Timmy will be having a press conference this afternoon at 2 to announce he won't seek a third term.

Wow, so I guess the GOP had better get on his tail to fix the reciprocity mess, unless they really <I>want</i> future fundraising calls to go like this:
Quote:
Caller: Hi! I'm calling on behalf of the MN GOP asking for your support during this critical juncture . . .

Me: I'm sorry, but I am not giving one thin dime to the GOP until Gov. Diversity keeps the promise that Gov. Pawlenty made in 2006.

Caller: But, but, but, Gov. Diversity is a Democrat!

Me: I do believe you are correct. Isn't it a shame that this problem wasn't fixed back when a Republican was governor. CLICK.

ETA: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:54 am 
Longtime Regular

bkrafft wrote:
Judge wrote:

Wow, so I guess the GOP had better get on his tail to fix the reciprocity mess, unless they really <I>want</i> future fundraising calls to go like this:
Quote:
Caller: Hi! I'm calling on behalf of the MN GOP asking for your support during this critical juncture . . .

Me: I'm sorry, but I am not giving one thin dime to the GOP until Gov. Diversity keeps the promise that Gov. Pawlenty made in 2006.

Me: I do believe you are correct. Isn't it a shame that this problem wasn't fixed back when a Republican was governor. CLICK.

BKrafft,

You have an evil side to you, I like the way you think!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:01 pm 
Forum Moderator

bkrafft wrote:
Judge wrote:

Quote:

Sounds like my script!

+1

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

bkrafft wrote:
... Isn't it a shame that this problem wasn't fixed back when a Republican was governor. CLICK.

Well I got to use this argument tonight. They started asking for $100 and each time I repeated the "Not until TPaw keeps his promise" mantra they dropped. $75, $50, $35, $25, *anything*?!? Each time I said the same thing: "I will be happy to donate to the party again as soon as . . ." I pointed out that it will be really hard to get a DFL gov. to fix the issue. I also pointed out that the gov's margin of victory was smaller than the number of permit holders, and that this is a serious credibility issue for the entire GOP in the state. The guy finally complained that he was just a regular guy volunteering, and that he would never get to speak to the gov to tell him my complaints. I suggested he mention it to his phone bank supervisor who would almost certainly be familiar with my complaint.

He finally gave up and gave me the standard disclaimer about not being paid for by any particular candidate and hung up on me.

Post subject: Re: Republican fundraising calls after the reciprocity fiasco!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:57 am 
Longtime Regular

To be fair, I've been at the other end of these type of calls, and yeah, the caller won't be talking to TPaw and neither will the call bank supervisor.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.