Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:33 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Capital Notification 
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:24 pm 
1911 tainted
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:47 pm
Posts: 3045
mnglocker wrote:
elkster88 wrote:
Just a question to clarify this: there is nothing in the MN Statutes that limits the need for notification to these seven counties, is there? In other words, if you intend to carry in any MN county courthouse you would need to notify the sheriff of that county in advance, correct?


Correct. 8)

But how much justice can you afford? :?


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:11 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:36 am
Posts: 702
Location: St. Paulish
Pat Cannon wrote:
Wow, I read Chapter 15B.02 and thought, "This cries out for visualization!" so I drew the described border on the map of Saint Paul.

Wow, I just looked at the map. I didnt realize how big of an area this covers. Thanks for doing this Pat. Sending in my notification today!

_________________
Proud owner of 2 wonderful SGH holsters.
"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:36 am 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:32 pm
Posts: 180
Location: St. Paul
PocketProtector642 wrote:
Pat Cannon wrote:
Wow, I read Chapter 15B.02 and thought, "This cries out for visualization!" so I drew the described border on the map of Saint Paul.

Wow, I just looked at the map. I didnt realize how big of an area this covers. Thanks for doing this Pat. Sending in my notification today!

+1 I am in that area everyday! I have my letter ready go but had one question.

Question: My expiration date on my permit says "2013-06-04", so is that April 6th 2013 or June 4th 2013?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:51 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:02 am
Posts: 1684
Location: St Louis Park
realtor_packing_heat wrote:
PocketProtector642 wrote:
Pat Cannon wrote:
Wow, I read Chapter 15B.02 and thought, "This cries out for visualization!" so I drew the described border on the map of Saint Paul.

Wow, I just looked at the map. I didnt realize how big of an area this covers. Thanks for doing this Pat. Sending in my notification today!

+1 I am in that area everyday! I have my letter ready go but had one question.

Question: My expiration date on my permit says "2013-06-04", so is that April 6th 2013 or June 4th 2013?


yyyy-mm-dd, I'm guessing.

_________________
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:21 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:36 am
Posts: 702
Location: St. Paulish
realtor_packing_heat wrote:
PocketProtector642 wrote:
Pat Cannon wrote:
Wow, I read Chapter 15B.02 and thought, "This cries out for visualization!" so I drew the described border on the map of Saint Paul.

Wow, I just looked at the map. I didnt realize how big of an area this covers. Thanks for doing this Pat. Sending in my notification today!

+1 I am in that area everyday! I have my letter ready go but had one question.

Question: My expiration date on my permit says "2013-06-04", so is that April 6th 2013 or June 4th 2013?


Do you remember what month you received it in? That would be a start.

_________________
Proud owner of 2 wonderful SGH holsters.
"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:23 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:36 am
Posts: 702
Location: St. Paulish
PocketProtector642 wrote:
Sending in my notification today!

Here's a question that I havent seen asked. I am sending it in now, but am planning on moving (still in MN) in a couple months. Do I need to re-notify with my new address after moving or does my address not matter as much as my name alone does?

_________________
Proud owner of 2 wonderful SGH holsters.
"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:59 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:02 pm
Posts: 546
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
PocketProtector642 wrote:

Quote:
Here's a question that I havent seen asked. I am sending it in now, but am planning on moving (still in MN) in a couple months. Do I need to re-notify with my new address after moving or does my address not matter as much as my name alone does?


I would send it in with your current address, then if you're concerned, send them a quick update letter once you moved. A (how much are stamps today?) stamp and envelope is quite cheap insurance, especially if you're going to be attending any rallies there in the future.

I'm led to believe that your name is the important part, not your address. They can get the current one from the issuing sheriff, and confirm that you notified them of your address change.

_________________
Respectfully,
Doug

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:51 pm 
Wise Elder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:48 pm
Posts: 2782
Location: St. Paul
PocketProtector642 wrote:
PocketProtector642 wrote:
Sending in my notification today!

Here's a question that I havent seen asked. I am sending it in now, but am planning on moving (still in MN) in a couple months. Do I need to re-notify with my new address after moving or does my address not matter as much as my name alone does?


Doesn't matter.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:15 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:36 am
Posts: 702
Location: St. Paulish
kimberman wrote:
PocketProtector642 wrote:
PocketProtector642 wrote:
Sending in my notification today!

Here's a question that I havent seen asked. I am sending it in now, but am planning on moving (still in MN) in a couple months. Do I need to re-notify with my new address after moving or does my address not matter as much as my name alone does?


Doesn't matter.

That was my thought. Thanks.

_________________
Proud owner of 2 wonderful SGH holsters.
"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:24 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:36 am
Posts: 702
Location: St. Paulish
Pat Cannon wrote:
Wow, I read Chapter 15B.02 and thought, "This cries out for visualization!" so I drew the described border on the map of Saint Paul.

I think a link to Pat's map is "Reference Sectoin" worthy. Maybe attach it to the "Letter template - Carry at State Capitol"?

_________________
Proud owner of 2 wonderful SGH holsters.
"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:49 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:41 am
Posts: 4468
Done. it has its own post and they're cross linked.

_________________
Certified Carry Permit Instructor (MNTactics.com and ShootingSafely.com)
Click here for current Carry Classes
"There is no safety for honest men, except by believing all possible evil of evil men." - Edwin Burke


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:06 pm 
Journeyman Member

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:41 pm
Posts: 72
Location: Hastings
So... if you are going to a rally on the State Capitol steps, but NOT into the building, do you need to notify?

_________________
M&P40c in a Supertuck and Kel-Tec PF9 in Don Hume pocket holster.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:52 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:24 am
Posts: 6767
Location: Twin Cities
JohnK87 wrote:
So... if you are going to a rally on the State Capitol steps, but NOT into the building, do you need to notify?


No, but do it anyway. Every notification that anti-carry Commissioner Campion gets is another reminder of a politically active permit holder.

_________________
* NRA, UT, MADFI certified Minnesota Permit to Carry instructor, and one of 66,513 law-abiding permit holders. Read my blog.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:46 am 
Journeyman Member

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:41 pm
Posts: 72
Location: Hastings
I did the email notification, that's the only one I have time for before tomorrow's rally unless I drop it off in person.

_________________
M&P40c in a Supertuck and Kel-Tec PF9 in Don Hume pocket holster.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:33 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:41 am
Posts: 4468
JohnK87 wrote:
I did the email notification, that's the only one I have time for before tomorrow's rally unless I drop it off in person.


Drop it off in person as well. Keep the receipt. You're in the rough area anyway, right? I think people showing up at the DPS office and giving notice is an excellent idea (Hat Tip to Andrew)

_________________
Certified Carry Permit Instructor (MNTactics.com and ShootingSafely.com)
Click here for current Carry Classes
"There is no safety for honest men, except by believing all possible evil of evil men." - Edwin Burke


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours


 Who is online 

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


 
Index  |  FAQ  |  Search

phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group