Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:18 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Applied for carry permit on Monday in Mpls 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:59 am 
Longtime Regular

Maybe I overstated the point a bit. I guess in dealing with the sickness that I deal with at work, I become painfully aware of how thin the line is between me, so fortunate, so blessed, and the truly depraved and criminally vicious. Just a roll of some cosmic dice that puts me (and presumably you) on this side of law and decency. Back In The Game, wrote that he carries both to defend his daughters and to defend himself so he’ll continue to be there for his daughters. I guess I want to convey that while this is admirable, there is a whole world out there that needs “stand up guys”. Protecting your own is just a first step. When Cain asked God, “am I my brother’s keeper?” He answered “um, yeah.” I guess that was all I was really trying to convey .. . . after a long day of dealing with real, twisted, ugly, sickness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:34 pm 
Journeyman Member

Macx wrote:
Maybe I overstated the point a bit. I guess in dealing with the sickness that I deal with at work, I become painfully aware of how thin the line is between me, so fortunate, so blessed, and the truly depraved and criminally vicious. Just a roll of some cosmic dice that puts me (and presumably you) on this side of law and decency. Back In The Game, wrote that he carries both to defend his daughters and to defend himself so he’ll continue to be there for his daughters. I guess I want to convey that while this is admirable, there is a whole world out there that needs “stand up guys”. Protecting your own is just a first step. When Cain asked God, “am I my brother’s keeper?” He answered “um, yeah.” I guess that was all I was really trying to convey .. . . after a long day of dealing with real, twisted, ugly, sickness.

I'm not saying I would stand by and watch someone get killed, I stated my main reasons.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.