Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Close one in Rochester - updated again 
 Post subject: Close one in Rochester - updated again
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:11 pm 

http://www.postbulletin.com/newsmanager ... 304934&z=2

Man arrested with stolen car, stolen gun, Halloween mask
8/23/2007 10:47:20 AM

Post-Bulletin, Rochester MN

Officers arrested a man Wednesday in a local store parking lot after discovering he was sitting in a stolen vehicle with a loaded stolen handgun, Halloween mask, latex gloves and plastic handcuffs.

The 37-year-old St. Paul man had caught the attention of members of the Southeast Drug Task Force at 8:30 p.m. while he was parked in the Wal-Mart north parking lot, according to Rochester Police Lt. Dan Muyres. The officers noticed the man was acting suspicious, wearing latex gloves and fooling around with plastic zip-tie handcuffs. The suspect then got out of the vehicle and began checking under the hood.

Muyres said the man noticed the people in a nearby car watching him and drove to another spot in the parking lot. He took something out of the car and dumped it in a trash bin. He then went inside the store.

In the meantime, narcotics officers had called dispatch to request uniformed officer. Officers searched the trash bin and found that the man had thrown away a bag with .38 ammunition with five bullets missing. They also discovered the vehicle that the man was in was reported stolen from St. Paul Tuesday night. A loaded, stolen handgun was found under one of the car seats. Also found were a Halloween mask, duct tape, plastic handcuffs and latex gloves. Officers went in to the store and arrested the man.

Muyres said the man was arrested recently for a similar incident in Cannon Falls. He could face charges of possession of a stolen vehicle and stolen gun.

Last edited by dismal on Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

You are correct.

He was looking to kidnap someone. I hope he goes away for a long time. :twisted:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:24 pm 
Delicate Flower

What do they mean:
Quote:
He could face charges of possession of a stolen vehicle and stolen gun.

Couldn't be any clearer :evil: :evil: :evil:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ms Lohan only got one day!

ttousi wrote:
What do they mean:
Quote:
He could face charges of possession of a stolen vehicle and stolen gun.

Couldn't be any clearer :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:28 am 

Quote:
Muyres said the man was arrested recently for a similar incident in Cannon Falls.

Out again so soon?

Quote:
The 37-year-old St. Paul man had caught the attention of members of the Southeast Drug Task Force at 8:30 p.m. while he was parked in the Wal-Mart north parking lot...

There just by chance? Either there is a drug trafficking problem at the
Rochester Wal-mart parking lot, or he was being watched closely.

In this case, I'm cool with it either way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:41 am 

johnalbert wrote:
Quote:

LOL! Just re-read post.

No! I'm not cool with a drug trafficking at the Walmart! I meant the "convenient" LEO presence at the time.

:oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:24 am 
Longtime Regular

johnalbert wrote:
johnalbert wrote:
Quote:

LOL! Just re-read post.

No! I'm not cool with a drug trafficking at the Walmart! I meant the "convenient" LEO presence at the time.

:oops:

At least this "Undercover" cop did the right thing and called for the uniformed guys to pick this guy up.

A lesson for officer friendly in Robbinsdale?
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:25 am 
Longtime Regular

These cops were actually undercover and where they were supposed to be, unlike Officer Friendly pretended to be. :shock: :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:50 pm 

http://www.postbulletin.com/newsmanager ... 2&a=305129

Man charged with receiving stolen property
8/24/2007 7:09:19 PM

By Janice Gregorson

Post-Bulletin, Rochester MN

Unconditional bail has been set at $150,000 for a St. Paul man arrested Thursday evening after authorities said he caught their attention with his suspicious behavior.

Members of the S.E. Minnesota Narcotics Task Force were in the parking lot of Wal-Mart North on Thursday, watching someone they said was concealing something under the hood of the car and looked "very nervous."

According to the criminal complaint filed against Loc Dinh Phan, 37, the man noticed that he was being watched and went to the front of the store and dumped something into the trash. The task-force officers called for uniformed officers, and in the meantime secured the garbage and stood by the store entrance until the officer arrived.

The suspect was identified as Phan. The complaint said the items thrown away were latex gloves and a box of .38-caliber ammunition with five rounds missing. The vehicle he had been driving had been reported stolen in St. Paul the previous night. A stolen Taurus .38-caliber pistol was found hidden inside the air cleaner in a plastic bag with more latex gloves.

Now, Phan is charged with two counts of receiving stolen property, both felonies, and with being a convicted felon in possession of a pistol or assault weapon.

While Phan lists a St. Paul address, he is no stranger to Rochester. In 1991, he was sentenced to 81 months in prison for being one of five men involved in a violent robbery of Truong Plaza 18 months earlier. In that case, the suspects went into the store carrying guns and knives, tied up two owners and four customers with electrical cords and adhesive tape, and stole jewelry with a retail value of $300,000. At the time he was sentenced, Phan already was serving a 56-month prison term on a conviction in Hennepin County.

The criminal complaint notes that Phan currently has three pending arrest warrants from Ramsey County. And on June 20 he was arrested in Cannon Falls, where officials found a handgun wrapped in plastic secured to the wheel well of a van. He pleaded guilty on Aug. 13 to illegally being in possession of a weapon and was sentenced the same day, put on probation for five years and given credit for 60 days served in jail.

His next hearing in Olmsted County is Sept. 6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:26 am 
Delicate Flower

sheesh.....put the guy away already!

Sounds like a career man to me. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:09 am 
Longtime Regular

ttousi wrote:

I agree!
It is quite apparent that the wrist slapping hasn't stopped him. :shock: They should lose the key on this guy, before he ends up killing someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:10 am 
Longtime Regular

ttousi wrote:

I agree. I'm sure he is on parole so he should go back in and then get charged for this one for a long time. :roll:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:51 am 
Longtime Regular

Maybe his probation officer was overworked.......he didn't have enough support I suppose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'll take care of this. I plan on writing a sternly worded letter to the editor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:53 am 
Journeyman Member

ttousi wrote:
put the guy away already!

Can't happen soon enough!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.