Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Will I be denied...again? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
There are a couple anecdotal stories of people cooperating with the kindly deputy "just trying to help" you get their permit ... Turns out the deputy was "just trying to help" you give him a list he could keep expanding until he came up with something to deny you on ...

Lawyer Lawyer Lawyer.

I have watched it happen that way in Ramsey County.

Lawyer lawyer lawyer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:30 pm 

My original instructor was Lucky Rosenbloom. I took the class at Joe's. He did go over reasons for denial but never said anything about the small amount thing. Honestly, when i took the class I never thought about that ticket. The denial lettter said that i was ineliglbe to recieve it because of the likelyhood to self or others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:37 pm 

I recommend calling Marc Berris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:27 pm 

I went down to Ramsey County today to apply, Let's see what happens! I've contacted Marc Berris so i hope everything go okay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

Jeff wrote:
I recommend calling Marc Berris.

Or Jeff Benson. He's good, too. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:43 pm 

Well i got the denial letter today. i got denied for the exact thing(small amount). before i took the class and reapplied i went to the courthouse, bca, and ramsey county sheriff to get my record ran. nothing ever came up with it the conviction. i've wasted time and money and i am not sure if i can keep on fighting. do you think i should call Bob Fletcher. i used to know him personally, i coached his son and daughter in hockey?

PS. my wife is mad for me wasting money!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:49 pm 
The Man

dan7780 wrote:
Well i got the denial letter today. i got denied for the exact thing(small amount). before i took the class and reapplied i went to the courthouse, bca, and ramsey county sheriff to get my record ran. nothing ever came up with it the conviction. i've wasted time and money and i am not sure if i can keep on fighting. do you think i should call Bob Fletcher. i used to know him personally, i coached his son and daughter in hockey?

PS. my wife is mad for me wasting money!!!
Well, here's some free -- but good -- advice: make your next call to Marc or Jeff or David. If you fight this and win, you will get your attorneys fees back.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:00 pm 

I wonder what kind of denials have been overturned in court. have the people been denied for breaking "harsher" laws than me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

The phone call is free. I'm pretty sure in a case like yours he'll tell you what he charges and give you a reasonable guess (but no guarantee) at your odds for success before you have to pay.

I'd hazard a guess that your odds are pretty good.

Make the call, don't cost nuthin'.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:11 pm 
The Man

dan7780 wrote:
I wonder what kind of denials have been overturned in court. have the people been denied for breaking "harsher" laws than me?
Yes. And people have both beaten and not beaten such denials. From my amateur, ignorant, uninformed viewpoint, you've got a good case -- which is why you should talk to somebody with a professional, knowledgeable, informed viewpoint.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

DON"T talk to Fletcher. (What did you learn in carry class about talking to police?)

DO talk to one of the reccommended attorneys. Call for an appointment, if you are afraid of attorney fees, simply ASK when the clock starts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:18 pm 

Remember, small amount of marijuana is not even a crime. It's on the same level as a parking ticket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:12 am 

My conviction was actually small amount of marjuana in a motor vehicle. thats what the sheriff's letter said. the letter said i was ineligble to posess a pistol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:14 am 
Longtime Regular

dan7780 wrote:
My conviction was actually small amount of marjuana in a motor vehicle. thats what the sheriff's letter said. the letter said i was ineligble to posess a pistol.

Dan, you've asked for advice, and you've been given it. It is VERY GOOD ADVICE. Call one of the attorney's named.

(MJ in a MV is a Misdemeanor.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:56 am 

dan7780 wrote:

Marijuana in a motor vehicle is a disqualifying offense because it is a misdemeanor, unlike mere possession of less than 42.5 grams of marijuana, which is a petty misdemeanor.

There is, however, a way to make yourself eligible again.

Quote:
Minnesota Statutes section 624.713, subdivision 1

(d) a person who has been convicted in Minnesota or elsewhere of a misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor violation of chapter 152 . . . unless the person possesses a certificate of a medical doctor or psychiatrist licensed in Minnesota, or other satisfactory proof, that the person has not abused a controlled substance or marijuana during the previous two years

"We, as criminal defense lawyers, are forced to deal with some of the lowest people on earth, people who have no sense of right and wrong, people who will lie in court to get what they want, people who do not care who gets hurt in the process. It is our job – our sworn duty as criminal defense lawyers – to protect our clients from those people." -- Cynthia Rosenberry, a DePaul University law professor, criminal defense attorney and founding member of the Georgia Innocence Project

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.