Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:56 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New local gun dealer with great prices... 
Author Message
 Post subject: New local gun dealer with great prices...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:12 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:58 am
Posts: 213
Hi everyone. Just thought I would put this out there for everyone to check out. I found an online gun dealer that is right here in Bloomington, MN. Its http://www.discountgundealer.com I have made a purchse from them already and they were very easy to work with. They don't have a brick and mortor store, and don't deal with used guns, but Brad, the owner, can get you about anything you need and their prices are very good.

Example: Right now through March the Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro in 9mm blued is only $264.99. Stainless is $30.00 more. I have seen the same gun locally and online for up to $100.00 more. I am not conected to them, just want to support another local small business and pass on to you folks a good retailer.

Have a great day,
Mike

_________________
"I have carried a revolver; lots of us do, but they are the most innocent things in the world. Their deeds give a false character to their district."
- "Mark Twain"


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:04 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:06 pm
Posts: 266
Location: N Mpls, MN
These guys list on gunbroker.com as well.

TomK
Mpls, MN


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:15 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:58 am
Posts: 213
Yup they do post there, just kind of nice to know you don't have to wait and then pay transfer and shipping charges.
Mike

_________________
"I have carried a revolver; lots of us do, but they are the most innocent things in the world. Their deeds give a false character to their district."
- "Mark Twain"


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New local gun dealer with great prices...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:01 pm 
on probation
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:50 am
Posts: 544
Location: minneapolis
simian12 wrote:
Hi everyone. Just thought I would put this out there for everyone to check out. I found an online gun dealer that is right here in Bloomington, MN. Its http://www.discountgundealer.com I have made a purchse from them already and they were very easy to work with. They don't have a brick and mortor store, and don't deal with used guns, but Brad, the owner, can get you about anything you need and their prices are very good.

Example: Right now through March the Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro in 9mm blued is only $264.99. Stainless is $30.00 more. I have seen the same gun locally and online for up to $100.00 more. I am not conected to them, just want to support another local small business and pass on to you folks a good retailer.

Have a great day,
Mike
Looks like they work out of there house. I check the web-site out NO Phone # or Address on there web site. So there over head is very low. Looks like they sell there guns for about 10 to 20 over cost.

_________________
On time out until at least May 2006. PM unavailable; contact this user via email.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: New local gun dealer with great prices...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:08 pm 
The Man
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:43 am
Posts: 7970
Location: Minneapolis MN
lastgunshop wrote:
simian12 wrote:
Hi everyone. Just thought I would put this out there for everyone to check out. I found an online gun dealer that is right here in Bloomington, MN. Its http://www.discountgundealer.com I have made a purchse from them already and they were very easy to work with. They don't have a brick and mortor store, and don't deal with used guns, but Brad, the owner, can get you about anything you need and their prices are very good.

Example: Right now through March the Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro in 9mm blued is only $264.99. Stainless is $30.00 more. I have seen the same gun locally and online for up to $100.00 more. I am not conected to them, just want to support another local small business and pass on to you folks a good retailer.

Have a great day,
Mike
Looks like they work out of there house. I check the web-site out NO Phone # or Address on there web site. So there over head is very low. Looks like they sell there guns for about 10 to 20 over cost.


Actually, they do give an address on the website; it's in their FAQ at http://www.discountgundealer.com/FAQ.htm :

14. Where can I mail payment for an auction?

Our mailing address is:

DiscountGunDealer.com, LLC
10800 Lyndale Avenue South, Suite 122
Bloomington, MN 55420


And their phone number is 952-881-3433 ; it's elsewhere on their website.

It's in one of those industrial park-style office buildings, just of I35W. I think it's likely to be mainly a maildrop, though, as the prices suggest that you're right -- and they probably can't afford to staff their office fulltime.

_________________
Just a guy.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: New local gun dealer with great prices...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:27 pm 
on probation
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:50 am
Posts: 544
Location: minneapolis
joelr wrote:
lastgunshop wrote:
simian12 wrote:
Hi everyone. Just thought I would put this out there for everyone to check out. I found an online gun dealer that is right here in Bloomington, MN. Its http://www.discountgundealer.com I have made a purchse from them already and they were very easy to work with. They don't have a brick and mortor store, and don't deal with used guns, but Brad, the owner, can get you about anything you need and their prices are very good.

Example: Right now through March the Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro in 9mm blued is only $264.99. Stainless is $30.00 more. I have seen the same gun locally and online for up to $100.00 more. I am not conected to them, just want to support another local small business and pass on to you folks a good retailer.

Have a great day,
Mike
Looks like they work out of there house. I check the web-site out NO Phone # or Address on there web site. So there over head is very low. Looks like they sell there guns for about 10 to 20 over cost.


Actually, they do give an address on the website; it's in their FAQ at http://www.discountgundealer.com/FAQ.htm :

14. Where can I mail payment for an auction?

Our mailing address is:

DiscountGunDealer.com, LLC
10800 Lyndale Avenue South, Suite 122
Bloomington, MN 55420


And their phone number is 952-881-3433 ; it's elsewhere on their website.

It's in one of those industrial park-style office buildings, just of I35W. I think it's likely to be mainly a maildrop, though, as the prices suggest that you're right -- and they probably can't afford to staff their office fulltime.
I find it odd that you have to find it in the FQA part. Most all web site I been to show there Info on the Home page. So they work out of a office. Not what I would say would be a gunshop.

_________________
On time out until at least May 2006. PM unavailable; contact this user via email.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: New local gun dealer with great prices...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:33 am 
The Man
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:43 am
Posts: 7970
Location: Minneapolis MN
Oh, it's definitely a little strange, but I think the explanation is something along the lines of that their business consists of ordering guns at wholesale prices for buyers who have already plunked down the money, and then selling them to those buyers for something like $25 over cost.

Given that, maintaining any more bricks-and-mortar than necessary to keep the BATFE happy about their FFL address being legit would be unlikely.

Definitely not a traditional gunshop.

_________________
Just a guy.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:40 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:58 am
Posts: 213
No, not a traditional gunshop. I have been to there office, and its actually smaller then mine. (Can you say Japanese efficiency office). However, Brad Kromminga, the owner was extremely easy to deal with and upon contacting him he had the firearm I wanted the next day at 20% less then I had seen it elsewhere.
All around a good guy to deal with,
Mike

_________________
"I have carried a revolver; lots of us do, but they are the most innocent things in the world. Their deeds give a false character to their district."
- "Mark Twain"


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:00 pm 
The Man
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:43 am
Posts: 7970
Location: Minneapolis MN
simian12 wrote:
No, not a traditional gunshop. I have been to there office, and its actually smaller then mine. (Can you say Japanese efficiency office). However, Brad Kromminga, the owner was extremely easy to deal with and upon contacting him he had the firearm I wanted the next day at 20% less then I had seen it elsewhere.
All around a good guy to deal with,
Mike
Sounds good; I might end up doing business with him at some point.

That said, if a nontraditional gunshop can consistently undercut traditional ones on guns (and, of course, they can, although how often they'll be able to get the sale instead is another issue), traditional gunshops will, even more than they now have to, survive on things other than gun sales.

I haven't seen their books, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if, say, Bill's profit from sales of guns is a much smaller piece of the pie than range time, and am very curious how it compares to sales of accessories/ammo/etc. My own theory is that the one-stop-carry-shop -- ammo, targets, holsters, accessories -- is a big part of what works for them, and that the guns are only a small part of it.

_________________
Just a guy.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:53 am 
First-time poster

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:21 am
Posts: 1
[Edit - PLB as a first post taged onto an old tread, this reads a lot like spam. Please see your PM for an explanation.]


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:05 am 
On time out
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:18 pm
Posts: 1689
Location: 35 W and Hiway 10
spam

_________________
molan labe


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:15 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:26 pm
Posts: 385
I can give a big thumbs-up for Brad. Whether providing an FFL transfer or purchasing a gun directly, Discount Gun Dealer is an excellent choice.

I and others I know have taken advantage of his services and are completely satisfied.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:40 pm 
The Man
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:43 am
Posts: 7970
Location: Minneapolis MN
gman1868 wrote:
I can give a big thumbs-up for Brad. Whether providing an FFL transfer or purchasing a gun directly, Discount Gun Dealer is an excellent choice.

I and others I know have taken advantage of his services and are completely satisfied.
Yup; I'm another satisfied customer.

_________________
Just a guy.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:37 pm 
Junior Member

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:19 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Bloomington
I purchased a Bersa Thunder from him. Transaction was smooth. No problems and a fair price.

my 2 cents worth...


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:08 am 
Member

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:50 pm
Posts: 22
Location: Hugo, MN
I have done business with Brad and find him very easy to work with. It is not a traditional gun shop, you let him know what you are looking for and he gives you a price. I made an appointment to meet him at the office and we did biz. Very nice to work with... :wink:


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours


 Who is online 

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


 
Index  |  FAQ  |  Search

phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group