Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Bill's Shooter Show 
 Post subject: Re: Bill's Shooter Show
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:41 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

jdege wrote:
Pinnacle wrote:
Czech guns have ALWAYS been of very high quality and some of their machine guns are SO Clever that it is amazing.
My grandfather had a couple of guns he'd always intended me to have. When my grandmother handed them over, I found that one was a VZ24 - matching serial numbers, pristine barrel.

On researching it a bit, I found that the VZ24 was considered to be the best of the Mausers. Excellent workmanship and much better quality control over the barrel steel than anyone else making military firearms, pre-WWII.

Brno makes good guns. Has for quite a long time.

If we could only do something about their vowel problem...

I have a couple of VZ-24's and I have to tell you that I love them. Theya re fine guns and were a bargain.

The CZ Long guns are far better quality than a browning IMHO. One does not get a single set trigger on a Browning rifle. CZ Gives you a lot for your money.

The SP-01 is THE NEW HOTNESS in competitive shooting. And yes about the only thing that my friend says is that they need a little work on the trigger. If the triggers are anything like a Standard 75 - they would be easy to work on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:54 am 
Longtime Regular

As someone mentioned, the outdoorsmen in Hopkins was big on CZ however so was their prices. I shopped around and ended up purchasing a 2075 Rami at the Frontiersmen. There was some problems early on with the original magazines but after that the little 40 has been a pleasure to shoot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

I, too, shoot CZ, I have 4 of them. Best gun for the money, anywhere. Quality to match the SIG/H&K/Springfield/ParaOrd pile.

Greg, you can shoot mine, too, just give me a call.

Here's one at J&G, for just $326, NIB:

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php ... cts_id/913

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:26 pm 

Also check out the CZ75D PCR (decocker), great carry piece, alloy frame.
1500+ rounds so far, zero problems, fits like a glove, shoots to POA, great value. The trigger just keeps getting better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

Mine's a CZ-85 with replacement Hogue grips.

I bought the .22 conversion kit (from the guy in Hopkins whose prices you guys are always complaining about. The slide was too tight - he had his gunsmith adjust the fit at no additional charge.)

I had been using a .22LR target pistol for cheap practice. (A Ruger Mk II with slab-sided bull barrel.)

The CZ conversion kit was more accurate.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.