Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Gun Show, St. Paul, Dec. 10 & 11 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:16 pm 
Forum Moderator

BigRedBowtie wrote:
I "popped" in to BVPR one day and happend to be wearing my shoulder rig. I asked the kind lady behind the counter how she would like me to proceed. I was instructed to remove the holster at the firing line, with the gun still holstered, and then, with the muzzle downrange, "uncase" as normal. Likewise, I was to reholster the weapon at the line, then put the rig back on. It didn't seem to be a problem. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if rodger had a "grumpy day" once in a while...

I don't think he was grumpy at all; I asked him to expand on the sign and that's what he told me. That Sue let you proceed just shows how flexible they are. Have you worn the rig to the range since then and did Sue or Roger say anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have carried at various shows for the last couple of years with no problems. Remember, concealed means concealed. What they do not know will not hurt them. If you are not looking for holsters for your carry gun or other accessories, then there should be no need for you to ever remove your gun from your holster. I just walk in with my ticket and go about my business. Their signs are not legal and therefore, carry no weight in my mind. YMMV.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:55 am 

mobocracy wrote:
I asked Roger to expand on it specifically and he told me that he doesn't want loaded guns in shoulder holsters because of the way the muzzle points (my Galco SS2 is horizontal carry). He said if I'm carrying that way I should unholster in the car and vice-versa.

Hmmm... You'd think if it was important enough for him to have a policy on that he'd just go ahead and make a sign. Is he really going to communicate to every shoulder holster user more effectively by trying to notice, and speak to each one individually :?

I assume he is worried about the moment of removing the pistol from the shoulder holster at the firing line, and not when you are walking around with the pistol holstered, right? While standing at the firing line, as you draw the pistol it is momentarilly pointing backwards, and therefore potentially at someone. A careless person could be putting their finger on the trigger as they draw, so... I'd be in agreement that you'd want to avoid that.

Perhaps a policy of "uncase or draw weapons only when the muzzle is pointing down range" would be the catch all policy they are looking for.

I like Burnsville a lot, but in my experience some people just can't get safety rules through their heads. I was there recently, watched the group ahead of me get the lecture on casing/uncasing guns only at the firing line. In the range itself there are large signs saying the same thing. Yet one of that group still walked back the the rear tables to case his AR-15. I mentioned the rule to him and he went back to the firing line where he started to case the weapon while pointing the muzzle away from the firing line (and across my path). I froze to avoid walking into the line of fire. After a moment he realized what he was doing and reversed the gun into a safe position.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:16 am 
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Hmmm... You'd think if it was important enough for him to have a policy on that he'd just go ahead and make a sign. Is he really going to communicate to every shoulder holster user more effectively by trying to notice, and speak to each one individually :?

There is a sign right above the front desk area.

Quote:
I like Burnsville a lot, but in my experience some people just can't get safety rules through their heads.

My guess is that this fact that you have observed (as have I) has something to do with the MWCA "no loaded guns" rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:44 pm 
Journeyman Member

Getting back to the St. Paul show, I attended this morning, mostly to get something from Mark. The show was posted "Absolutely no loaded guns" as promised. I had my carry gun on my hip, took out the mag in the parking lot and put it in my coat pocket, and just bought a ticket and walked in. No hassle, no questions, no problems. Didn't notice anyone obviously packing - and shouldn't have. Lots of folks walking around with long guns over their shoulders. All in all, everything was pretty tame.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:04 pm 
on probation

APD wrote:
Getting back to the St. Paul show, I attended this morning, mostly to get something from Mark. The show was posted "Absolutely no loaded guns" as promised. I had my carry gun on my hip, took out the mag in the parking lot and put it in my coat pocket, and just bought a ticket and walked in. No hassle, no questions, no problems. Didn't notice anyone obviously packing - and shouldn't have. Lots of folks walking around with long guns over their shoulders. All in all, everything was pretty tame.
Thanks for coming by and the support.... :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

APD wrote:
Didn't notice anyone obviously packing - and shouldn't have.

Why not?? It's a Permit to Carry. It doesn't HAVE to be concealed, although concealment is probably best in most cases. It's cool that you didn't get harassed about your carry weapon, though. I might change my mind, after all.

Post subject: Re: Gun Show, St. Paul, Dec. 10 & 11
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:55 pm 
on probation

lastgunshop wrote:
Koscielski's will be selling guns at the St.Paul gun show on Dec 10th and 11th. You may order them now and do the paper work before the show.
You must pickup the guns at the show in St. Paul. We cannot have you pick them up at the Minneapolis gunshop. Thanks
Wish to thank all that came by this weekend. I didn't have a lot if time to talk to some "sorry about that" For the ones that order up guns and DIDN'T show up Thanks for nothing, you may come by the shop and pickup your refund. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Gun Show, St. Paul, Dec. 10 & 11
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:09 pm 
Delicate Flower

lastgunshop wrote:
lastgunshop wrote:
Koscielski's will be selling guns at the St.Paul gun show on Dec 10th and 11th. You may order them now and do the paper work before the show.
You must pickup the guns at the show in St. Paul. We cannot have you pick them up at the Minneapolis gunshop. Thanks
Wish to thank all that came by this weekend. I didn't have a lot if time to talk to some "sorry about that" For the ones that order up guns and DIDN'T show up Thanks for nothing, you may come by the shop and pickup your refund. :roll:

Took time off work to pick mine up and take a quick look around......If I can make it down there after working the overnight and a coupla hours of sleep................why not others ..........you owe Mark an apology if not an explanation as well. :x

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.