Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Gun Show, St. Paul, Dec. 10 & 11 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

So....... I can read, through some interpretation, that possessing a Permit to Carry, makes us "unsafe"?? As far as I can see, there have been two incidents with permit holders that I am aware of, the bar shooting in Mpls or St Paul, and now the Fairbault show item, where the guy apparently had a severe case of "cranial rectumitis".

Please correct me if I am leaving stuff out. Here I thought that we were supposed to be the "good guys", all in all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:14 pm 
Forum Moderator

BigRobT wrote:
So....... I can read, through some interpretation, that possessing a Permit to Carry, makes us "unsafe"?? As far as I can see, there have been two incidents with permit holders that I am aware of, the bar shooting in Mpls or St Paul, and now the Fairbault show item, where the guy apparently had a severe case of "cranial rectumitis".

Please correct me if I am leaving stuff out. Here I thought that we were supposed to be the "good guys", all in all.

There's lots of otherwise gun-friendly places that have rules more strict than spelled out in the carry permit law. Like most shooting ranges, for example -- I can't carry with my shoulder holster at Burnsville Pistol, even if I don't unholster and fire the gun.

I agree that CCW should be allowed at the MWCA events, but I also think that the MWCA people aren't just reactionary idiots banning carry because they're anti-gun. Since I'm not them, I can only speculate that they have made a risk-averse calcuation in favor of having no loaded weapons on the premesis.

We need someone from that organization to post here defending their policy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

mobocracy wrote:

We need someone from that organization to post here defending their policy.

That would be nice. I've never really understood their reasoning behind that, as anybody with a permit, ESPECIALLY those selling there would want to protect their assets. Granted, police officers, beit on duty or off may be enable to enforce the laws, possibly prevent theft, but I've noticed some with a pretty lacksadaisical attitude. But, as I've eluded to before in another thread, (the lock thread), the only people that will comply with those signs are the honest ones, anyways. IF I had the will to go there an obtain what I wanted illegally, I believe it wouldn't be too terribly difficult. However, I am one of those "honest citizens".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:41 pm 

Has anyone contacted MWCA and asked why this is there policy?. I just got done emailing them asking why so obviously no reply yet. Is it possible to picket them at there own show? MCCRN is looking for volunteers for there booth at the MWCA gunshow, I also emailed them asking why I should volunteer to work at a show that does not allow me to carry, No reply as of yet. We are all for no guns no money cards when it comes to other businesses why not with some of are own hippocrits.<SP>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:48 pm 
1911 tainted

Rem700 wrote:
Has anyone contacted MWCA and asked why this is there policy?. I just got done emailing them asking why so obviously no reply yet. Is it possible to picket them at there own show? MCCRN is looking for volunteers for there booth at the MWCA gunshow, I also emailed them asking why I should volunteer to work at a show that does not allow me to carry, No reply as of yet. We are all for no guns no money cards when it comes to other businesses why not with some of are own hippocrits.<SP>

Quote:
If they start posting using the legal description in the Minnesota permit to carry law, I know 4 people that will do an about face and head home.

EXACTLY ! ! ! ! ! Practice what we preach

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:49 pm 

Sorry for the post I guess this is almost getting to be a Carry Issue or Disarmament post.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:52 pm 
Forum Moderator

BigRobT wrote:
IF I had the will to go there an obtain what I wanted illegally, I believe it wouldn't be too terribly difficult. However, I am one of those "honest citizens".

I don't know for sure, but if I was a gambling man I would bet that there's a few "unloaded" guns there that would become loaded guns pretty quickly, making getting out of the place real difficult.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:56 pm 

No big deal, really. So we save five bucks and don't go look at the same overpriced guns that people have been trying to unload for the past three years. Hopefully there will be enough ice for ice fishing by this weekend anyway.

Bristol’s Bastards: In Iraq with the 2nd Battalion, 136th Infantry of Minnesota’s National Guard: Bravo Company of Minnesota’s National Guard fought alongside the Marine Corp in Al Anbar province through the deadliest period of Operation Iraqi Freedom, kicking down doors, dodging IEDs, battling insurgents, and trying to help one another survive in the deadliest place on earth. Available in bookstores everywhere. For autographed copies, visit bristolsbastards.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:13 am 
Longtime Regular

If I were to guess, I'd say that the MWCA is concerned that a loaded carry piece might somehow get "mixed-up" with a gun on a table. Or maybe that somebody will pull out his loaded gun to compare it with another, or to check fit in a holster, and that could be an unsafe situation.

A better policy, in my opinion, would be to ask that all carry weapons remain holstered at all times. If anyone breaks the rule, show them to the door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:26 am 

That makes sense, though I don't think it would be practical to try to determine if someone was handling a loaded carry weapon, handling a weapon they were trying to sell, or handling a weapon they were considering buying. I imagine it would be about impossible unless you had one monitor for every table.

The policy of prohibiting carry weapons is probably reasonable, all things considered, and it is not the reason I haven't gone to gun shows lately. I really do get tired of looking at the same overpriced guns at each show. And I really would rather be ice fishing. It's looking good for next weekend.

Bristol’s Bastards: In Iraq with the 2nd Battalion, 136th Infantry of Minnesota’s National Guard: Bravo Company of Minnesota’s National Guard fought alongside the Marine Corp in Al Anbar province through the deadliest period of Operation Iraqi Freedom, kicking down doors, dodging IEDs, battling insurgents, and trying to help one another survive in the deadliest place on earth. Available in bookstores everywhere. For autographed copies, visit bristolsbastards.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:33 am 

Maybe when (IF) we have our Party/Meeting, this would be something that we can talk about?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:41 am 
Longtime Regular

Squib_Joe wrote:
A better policy, in my opinion, would be to ask that all carry weapons remain holstered at all times. If anyone breaks the rule, show them to the door.

UH oh, somebody else making SENSE!!! :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:43 am 
Longtime Regular

Lobotomy Boy wrote:
That makes sense, though I don't think it would be practical to try to determine if someone was handling a loaded carry weapon, handling a weapon they were trying to sell, or handling a weapon they were considering buying..

Hand out green rubber bands to snap around the grips of carry guns?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:56 pm 
Forum Moderator

Squib_Joe wrote:
Hand out green rubber bands to snap around the grips of carry guns?

Now you're getting someplace. An idea like that has promise; any gun in the open with a green rubber band gets you kicked out.

I suspect that it's simpler and easier for MWCA to simply have a no loaded guns policy, though, even if it is hard on carry permit holders.

I agree with other posters about the "content" of the shows; other than Hart Bros. table and 1 or 2 others, it seems like it's a lot of pawn-shop grade stuff at high prices. But it still seems worthwhile to go at least once a year; an easy way to kill a couple of hours in the winter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:16 pm 
Forum Moderator

Really...if you walk past the sign at the door carrying, and they find out, the only thing you've done, in my opinion, is break the MN Weapons Collectors rules; all they can do is ask you to leave. I don't know what the off duty cops at the door can do, except reinforce that request. If you leave with no trouble, no problem. You've broken no law that I can see!

How can they black ball you at future shows without IDing everyone entering all future shows, I know that my face isn't THAT memorable!

Greg

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.