Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Gun Show, St. Paul, Dec. 10 & 11 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:51 pm 
on probation

BB Guns wrote:
F. Y. I.

All the SECURITY people you see at the MWCA, are FULL TIME COPS in Mpls and St.Paul... They go to all the shows in the state. They are good guys, but... If you get caught, I know it will not be fun. I have been a member of MWCA for over 26 years and I dont like the rule. I don't see the rule getting changed anytime soon, And now after the shooting in Faribault, I bet we will see metal detectors, that we ALL walk thew.... Sometime SOON! :x
Some are retired Officers.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

lastgunshop wrote:
BB Guns wrote:
F. Y. I.

All the SECURITY people you see at the MWCA, are FULL TIME COPS in Mpls and St.Paul... They go to all the shows in the state. They are good guys, but... If you get caught, I know it will not be fun. I have been a member of MWCA for over 26 years and I dont like the rule. I don't see the rule getting changed anytime soon, And now after the shooting in Faribault, I bet we will see metal detectors, that we ALL walk thew.... Sometime SOON! :x

Well, that does it for me; they won't be seeing me or my money anywhere near there. :(

I had assumed that you (I) could ignore incorrectly posted signs, but you are telling me that I would get hassled by (off duty Minneapolis/St. Paul cops) guards, anyway. :cry:

No, thanks, there are plenty of places that will take my money without hassling me about me carrying my own personal protection. :!:

Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:33 pm 

Quote:
Mark your right, but most are full time cops...

Quote:
but you are telling me that I would get hassled by (off duty Minneapolis/St. Paul cops) guards, anyway.

I don't know what they would or would not do..... I just think I would not want to be the guy that gets caught. They put up with a lot of CRAP from the people and some dealers, They are very fair in there job. Can they detain you? yes, Would they call on duty cops? I don't know. Would they ban you from all MWCA shows? I would say yes. Is that getting hassled? I would say yes..... But you/me (anyone with a loaded gun) did not follow the rules that MWCA has. NOW.... Is the rule LEGAL???????????????? I don't think so. And again, I don't like the rule!!! What can we do about it??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

BB Guns wrote:
I don't know what they would or would not do..... I just think I would not want to be the guy that gets caught. They put up with a lot of CRAP from the people and some dealers, They are very fair in there job. Can they detain you? yes, Would they call on duty cops? I don't know. Would they ban you from all MWCA shows? I would say yes. Is that getting hassled? I would say yes..... But you/me (anyone with a loaded gun) did not follow the rules that MWCA has. NOW.... Is the rule LEGAL???????????????? I don't think so. And again, I don't like the rule!!! What can we do about it??

Well, we can boycott the shows and write MWCA as to why. We can choose to become potential victims. We can work to change the archaic attitudes of the MWCA. Take your choice.

BTW, just WHAT constitutes a "unloaded gun" ?? For a semi-auto, no mag inserted and no round chambered would be MY definition. Any clarification out there??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:48 pm 
Journeyman Member

I can't carry legally yet anyway, so it doesn't really affect me, but this is an odd place.

Could it be insurance based? If you look at it as a place that would have a HIGH concentration of people carrying, maybe the insurance behind it (if any) would be sky high without the ban.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:30 pm 

boycott?? well maybe.... I still set-up at the shows from time to time and MWCA is still the best show we have in Minnesota..... I can see the gun show side, that they dont want guns going off, and I know our side... We want our rights!

Maybe Joe will read this and have a few good words...... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:32 am 
1911 tainted

I like attending their shows, especally their trophy show. They have always had a sign out front that says something to the effect that all guns had to be unloaded, but I didn't think that it pertained to people with valid permits and were carrying under the terms of their permit. To tell you the truth, since the wording was never close to what the state mandates, I thought it was put out for a touchy feely, feel good reason. :roll:

If they start posting using the legal description in the Minnesota permit to carry law, I know 4 people that will do an about face and head home. :evil:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:39 am 
on probation

cobb wrote:
I like attending their shows, especally their trophy show. They have always had a sign out front that says something to the effect that all guns had to be unloaded, but I didn't think that it pertained to people with valid permits and were carrying under the terms of their permit. To tell you the truth, since the wording was never close to what the state mandates, I thought it was put out for a touchy feely, feel good reason. :roll:

If they start posting using the legal description in the Minnesota permit to carry law, I know 4 people that will do an about face and head home. :evil:
About 8 years ago I had my carry gun with me at that show. That was the first time I had my Class III firearms at the show. I was told to put my carry gun in my car. The guy that had the booth next to me went and told them about my carry gun.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:51 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

They won't even let the FFL's carry? What a crock.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:28 am 

The guy that shot himself at the Faribault gun show has an FFL... Would you want to be next to him at a gun show?? I dont think I would want to be at the same show as him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:35 am 
Longtime Regular

The MWCA web site says No LOADED firearms will be allowed, except for authorized security personnel. Soooo, can I carry right up to the door, unload into a speed loader, and carry my unloaded revolver into the show? That's how I read it...

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:50 am 
on probation

Pakrat wrote:
They won't even let the FFL's carry? What a crock.
Thats right they won't :evil:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:58 am 
on probation

BB Guns wrote:
The guy that shot himself at the Faribault gun show has an FFL... Would you want to be next to him at a gun show?? I dont think I would want to be at the same show as him!
Did he have a carry permit and I would like to know who trained him to carry.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:37 pm 

I was told he had a BUBBA Permit.... He knows the Sheriff in the county he lives in and has gotten a permit for years from him.... Dont know if he has had any tranning.... But I would guess NO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:08 pm 
Forum Moderator

Aquaholic wrote:
The MWCA web site says No LOADED firearms will be allowed, except for authorized security personnel. Soooo, can I carry right up to the door, unload into a speed loader, and carry my unloaded revolver into the show? That's how I read it...

People seem to being guns to the show to sell or trade, so why couldn't one just unload their gun before getting to the front door (say, in the car, for discretion), lock the slide open, add an empty mag and slip it into a gun rug.

Then present it at the door for inspection with all the other "for sale" guns being brought into the show, carry it around the show, and when you leave simply reverse the procedure.

Seems like an unncessary annoyance, but it would be better than leaving the gun in the car.

Just to be contratian, I don't like their policy but I also think that it's one that has safety, as opposed to an anti-gun agenda, as its main focus.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.