Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 I Won An XD Tactical Black 5" Pistol9mm - It's for Sale 
 Post subject: I Won An XD Tactical Black 5" Pistol9mm - It's for Sale
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:29 pm 

No, I'm not bragging, I went to the Wisconsin State IDPA match last week and came back with a NIB XD with their gear package. IDPA is a trophy only sport, but it was nice to win the gun in a drawing before the match even started.

Here is the "problem" I already have a Glock 34 with Tru Glo night sights that I think is the ultimate IDPA gun. So this one is for sale thru my FFL Class One dealer and training partner Jon Thompson RSGear@charter.net 763 263-9587. Jon is an NRA certified RSO and Personal Protection Instructor and an IDPA action pistol shooter. Jon knows guns and will take the time to find one that fits your hand, your needs and your budget. He also carrys ammo, targets and a variety of personally tested supplies.

Jon operates a not so small gun shop out of his home ( Riverside Sporting Gear, LLC) and accepts consignments like this and also stocks a variety of new and used pistols. While Jon can get you anything that is legal he does a lot of business with S&W MP's, 1911's and J frames. He also carries my favorite Glock and has handled quite a few Springfields, Kimbers, etc. He is a Master Dealer with DPMS and stocks their black rifles. Prices are comparable to Sportman's Warehouse, but with personal service.

Jon's Website is still a work in progress so what about the NIB XD 5" in 9mm - I'm asking $500, I pay the tax and the transfer fee Jon charges on consignments so you pay $500 total out the door.

I've also consigned another gun to Jon: Wilson KZ45 1911 double stack in 45 ACP, 1,500 rounds thru this gun, case and 6 10 rounds double stack mags Wilson quality $900 out the door or best offer, This is a fine gun, it's just not for me even though its reliable and accurate like all Wilson Combat products. This is also in all black finish with very minor holster wear

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor -PPITH, PPOTH & RTBAV
BCA Certified Training Organization under PPA
Minnesota Permit to Carry Instructor
Utah Certified CFP Instructor
NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Last edited by IDPA Shooter on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Note from the site owner
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:35 pm 
The Man

Just in case anybody's missed the point in the past: sales through an FFL dealer are not only allowed here, but invited. I'm not at all concerned about who does the NICS paperwork; I just don't want to have a discussion with BATFE folks about the Forum becoming a locus for (perfectly legal, in MN, but how much justice do I want to afford?) private sales.

Me, were I looking for another XD, in 9mm, I'd be talking to Bob's friend right about, well, now.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Note from the site owner
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:41 pm 

joelr wrote:
Just in case anybody's missed the point in the past: sales through an FFL dealer are not only allowed here, but invited. I'm not at all concerned about who does the NICS paperwork; I just don't want to have a discussion with BATFE folks about the Forum becoming a locus for (perfectly legal, in MN, but how much justice do I want to afford?) private sales.

Me, were I looking for another XD, in 9mm, I'd be talking to Bob's friend right about, well, now.

Thanx Joel, I was reading another post on the rules and saw where you noted this was allowed\encouraged. I'm kinda surprised I've had only one "offer" of I'll give you $350. A joke, no actually an insult, to think I'm that dumb. I want to buy another Kahr, the P45, has anyone shot one? Bill's has one at Circle Pines but it costs me like $50 to try it. I'm going to buy it under Kahr's NRA demo gun instructors program. So even if I don't like it, I'm sure I can keep it for a year and sell it for what I paid for the gun.

I obviously not impartial about Jon, but he works full time in a senior management position and this business just helps fund his shooting hobby, plus he gets to sell guns and talk to shooters. Jon had a couple German police issue Sig 225's and S&W Model 65's in SS that were NC corrections guns, never carried, like new, seldom shot from looking at them for $325.

While Jon will only take what he thinks he can sell, he gets good traffic and everyone will like the consignment pricing he'll offer. Remember too that all his consigned guns have been inspected by a gunsmith,

He does need to finish the website so we can get back to teaching. We are both NRA certified in PPOTH and will start teaching holster draw and other PPOTH topics in September when we get the necessary shoulder holsters, fanny packs and holster purses. Cobb, I wish I had those pictures of you to show around at Farnam's up in Hibbing at the end of the month

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Note from the site owner
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:35 am 
Longtime Regular

IDPA Shooter wrote:
I want to buy another Kahr, the P45, has anyone shot one? Bill's has one at Circle Pines but it costs me like $50 to try it. I'm going to buy it under Kahr's NRA demo gun instructors program. So even if I don't like it, I'm sure I can keep it for a year and sell it for what I paid for the gun.

I believe JDR has one. I know he and Brauchma are lusting for a PM45.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:15 pm 
Journeyman Member

Sorry, but I'm currently not looking to add a XD to my collection.

But this also brings up some very interesting options that I had not been aware of. I'm going to have to check out Riverside Sporting Gear. I did find his web site: http://www.riversidesportinggear.com/ however I can't register to view their guns.

Post subject: Riverside Sporting Gear website not working quite yet
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:20 am 

fatboy97 wrote:
Sorry, but I'm currently not looking to add a XD to my collection.

But this also brings up some very interesting options that I had not been aware of. I'm going to have to check out Riverside Sporting Gear. I did find his web site: http://www.riversidesportinggear.com/ however I can't register to view their guns.

Jon is having a friend of his and student of ours put the website together and that is one of features that is not done yet. It is probably best to call Jon if you have something in mind or to get an idea of what he has in the safe. He will have a public section showing featured guns of the month. However, when the guns listing is working, it will only be open to customers and folks he knows or has talked to as he wants real names and not handles, etc. I think you can understand why since he is operating the shop in a wing of his home.

But I agree its Jon is a really good option and he has a fair number and variety in inventory. Special orders can be had in a few days if the wholesaler has it in stock. Jon will be joining the forum shortly, we have just been busy with state matches, our local IDPA club, training and the the Defensive Pistol league Jon runs at Monticelo Rod and Gun.

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

WOW! :shock:

How did he get a Pistol anything going at Monticello Rod and Gun Club??? That place is the step child organization of the Brady Campaign to prevent gun viloence... If it ain't a shotgun - they don't like it! They spaz if you have more capacity then an over an under!

I am amazed! I'm shocked! Did the old geezers that were running the club (into the ground) actually part with some of the 40k they had in investments to upgrade the pistol range (unwanted red-headed step child that it was)?

Seriously - I was a voting member and finally just quit my membership (at a whooping $5.00 per year) because I felt like I was helping out the Brady Campaign by giving them 5 bucks a year!

Do they get to shoot Silloute Targets - even if the neighbors MAY see it?

Mostly-

Post subject: Jon is quite the salesman & they have a new team at MR&a
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:33 pm 

mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:
WOW! :shock:

How did he get a Pistol anything going at Monticello Rod and Gun Club??? That place is the step child organization of the Brady Campaign to prevent gun viloence... If it ain't a shotgun - they don't like it! They spaz if you have more capacity then an over an under!

I am amazed! I'm shocked! Did the old geezers that were running the club (into the ground) actually part with some of the 40k they had in investments to upgrade the pistol range (unwanted red-headed step child that it was)?

Seriously - I was a voting member and finally just quit my membership (at a whooping $5.00 per year) because I felt like I was helping out the Brady Campaign by giving them 5 bucks a year!

Do they get to shoot Silloute Targets - even if the neighbors MAY see it?

Mostly-

The club is very handgun friendly and Jon runs ( I help, as do others) Defensive Pistol matches there. We have a match Sunday afternoon. Think of it as IDPA light, no rules on calibers, new shooters shoot from low ready only, 6 round courses with few reloads. It is low stress and good practice.

No we still can't shoot Silloute ( I can't spell it either) but we use IDPA targets.

We teach handgun classes there and I think, no know, Jon recruited at least 10 handgunners to join. Range improvements are being planned to divide bays, we have stands and targets stored on site, etc. They also recently graduated 15 NRA RSO's at the club.

I belong to another club and was recently asked by a shotgunner, do you have to wear that damn handgun here? I'd come over from the pistol range to the clubhouse for a Pepsi and was open carrying my Glock 23 in a Blackhawk CQC holster while they were shooting trap.

How bold of me to open carry a pistol on my GUN CLUB's property. It's a shotgun club, hope I didn't scare him too bad!

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.