Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 MWCA Show August 9-10 moved 
 Post subject: MWCA Show August 9-10 moved
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:04 pm 

It looks like the show next weekend that's listed in the sticky post here scheduled at RiverCentre has been moved to the Minneapolis Convention Center.

www.mwca.org has the info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:20 am 

I'm a rookie to this show. Are there a lot of buy/sell tables? Or is it more a show for collectors?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:31 pm 

Blackriv73 wrote:
I'm a rookie to this show. Are there a lot of buy/sell tables? Or is it more a show for collectors?

+1

Protect yourself and the ones you love.

NRA Certified Instructor
MADFI Certified Instructor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:49 pm 

It's typically a very good show. Well worth the 5.00 entrace fee, whether you buy anything or not. There are shops from all over the state at these large shows. Plan to spend a number of hours if you're serious about buying something. You'll usually find a couple of whatever gun you're in the market for, and then you can negotiate the best deal with the shop that wants to sell guns. In particular, look for tables by Hart Brothers (out of Albert Lea -- although his prices seem to have risen a bit) and JJ's Guns (out of Crosby). Both shops have good folks running them, and I've gotten great deals from both guys (i.e., better deals than anywhere else in the country I checked for the same product). At the same time, although it's just my little ole' opinion, stay away from the guy with the "carry badges," especially if you are a newbie.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

It seems to me more vendors than collector exhibits.

I like the internet better, but gun shows can be fun sometimes. The last one wasn't worth the entrance fee, for me. Your mileage may vary.

onebohemian wrote:
Plan to spend a number of hours if you're serious about buying something.

I'd plan on a few hours just for walking around to see it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:33 pm 
Journeyman Member

mwca.org wrote:
Important! Article VII Show Rules of Conduct, Section 5:
Any item brought to a meeting (show) which, in the opinion of a majority of the Board Members present, is detrimental to the safety or best interest of this corporation will be barred. No loaded firearms except for authorized security personnel!

I'm pretty new to gun shows too. Am I reading this that NO loaded weapons are allowed, or nothing for sale is to be brought in loaded?

Or shorter question: Can I carry??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:59 pm 
Forum Moderator

QuietNewGuy wrote:
mwca.org wrote:
Important! Article VII Show Rules of Conduct, Section 5:
Any item brought to a meeting (show) which, in the opinion of a majority of the Board Members present, is detrimental to the safety or best interest of this corporation will be barred. No loaded firearms except for authorized security personnel!

I'm pretty new to gun shows too. Am I reading this that NO loaded weapons are allowed, or nothing for sale is to be brought in loaded?

Or shorter question: Can I carry??

It's not illegal to carry but the MWCA, who's show it is forbids it. The worst they can do is ask you to leave.

Be discrete, I am!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

Greg wrote:
It's not illegal to carry but the MWCA, who's show it is forbids it. The worst they can do is ask you to leave.

Be discrete, I am!

I was there today. A sign outside the doors says "Check you guns here" in an invitational manner. Another sign says "No loaded firearms allowed...including concealed carry," or something to that effect.

The sign that states that all firearms must be checked and secured at the counter is actually inside the doors facing those who are exiting. :? Thus this requirement is not clearly communicated when entering.

The ticket taker didn't even come close to asking about firearms on my person.

There are a few people (gun check counter staff and a police officer) who might give you attention if not carrying discretely and they see that the gun isn't tied.

Hope that helps?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.