Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:59 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Bill of Rights 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

Macx wrote:
Exodus 20:4-5 4 'Thou dost not make to thyself a graven image, or any likeness which is in the heavens above, or which is in the earth beneath, or which is in the waters under the earth.

That's pretty clear: "Don't make those things."
Macx wrote:
5 Thou dost not bow thyself to them, nor serve them: for I, Jehovah thy God, am a zealous God, charging iniquity of fathers on sons, on the third generation, and on the fourth, of those hating Me,

That's also pretty clear: "If those things happen to exist (even though you didn't make them), don't worship them."
Macx wrote:
I think it is clear that this (third commandment) is a prohibition on creating idols. To interpret it as a prohibition on sculpture, photography, or artistic mediums in general, is very much akin to what the gungrabbers do when they stop reading the 2nd ammendment at "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State" and disregard the "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." portion.

I disagree. The Bible piece contains two prohibitions: Don't make stuff, and don't worship stuff that other people made. The Constitution piece is one sentence, and the first part cannot stand alone meaningfully.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

<religious thread hi-jack continued: you have been warned>

I think it's one prohibition "Don't make stuff and worship it".

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.