Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:30 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Good news about radio 
 Post subject: Good news about radio
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:10 am 
Longtime Regular

Assuming that Air America hates guns as much as any other liberal entity, this story says they're likely to be losing the New York flagship station.
http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/60684.htm

In fact, the whole Air America operation has been nothing but a drain on Lefty cash. Not that Lefties are necessarily anti-gun. It's just that the overlap between the two groups is very close to 100 percent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:47 pm 

I have a question, if Air America goes away, will anyone notice? :lol:

http://mrra.org
6 down, 24 to go.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

Rip Van Winkle wrote:

Well, yes. I will.

I might just take the opportunity to call Doug Grow, a very nice man, a good friend, but a liberal dingbat, and ask him how he feels now about the idea he propounded at least twice over the years in his columns that left-wing talk radio would catch on if people just had a chance to lsiten to it.

They've had the chance. They didn't listen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well, frankly, I wished them well when they started. I'm all for diversity of opinions.

I think the problem is that those leftists who listen to radio have National Public Radio to listen to. I think they tend to look down on radio in general, and prefer going to see Michael Moore films and other "socially significant" films.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:20 pm 
Forum Moderator

Old Dude wrote:
Well, frankly, I wished them well when they started. I'm all for diversity of opinions.

I think the problem is that those leftists who listen to radio have National Public Radio to listen to. I think they tend to look down on radio in general, and prefer going to see Michael Moore films and other "socially significant" films.

I'll admit to listening to NPR during the day, a lot, primarily because despite its obvious, glaring and irritating left-wing bias, it's commercial nature is very low key and very unobtrusive, and despite the leftishness of it, can be interesting, too. Stuff like "Marketplace", "Science Friday" and the other programs can be worth listening to.

Air America, on the other hand, suffers from a quickly tiresome smugness and the same disease that keeps me off of KSTP a lot -- WAY TOO MANY COMMERCIALS hawking bs crap that only high school drop outs would be gullible enough to buy ("See clearly method"). In fact there are times when I hit the ignition, I can't tell if I've been listening to Air America or KSTP, they share the same cheesy commercials, except that KSTP has about 5 minutes of programming and then 10 minutes of commercials.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:26 am 
Longtime Regular

Oh, I listen to NPR as well. I roll my eyes a lot, but there is news there you will not hear anywhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:16 am 
Longtime Regular

Rip Van Winkle wrote:

This goes along with the "We didn't get our message out" as to why the dems lost so badly one year. As usual, they were wrong... The problem was they did get their message out; and it was firmly REJECTED! They would have been better off if they kept their mouths shut. :lol:

While working the sign-in desk at Caucuses last night I was surprised how many dems walked up (despite the obvious signs pointing to Repubs >>>> and Dems <<<<) Guess it just points to general flaw with democrats... They can't read the signs and they need to be told they are lost and have LOST... :lol:

as another pointed out "what do you expect for a bunch of lemmings, they just followed the person in front of them..." 8)

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:26 am 
Longtime Regular

Old Dude wrote:
Oh, I listen to NPR as well. I roll my eyes a lot, but there is news there you will not hear anywhere else.

I listen to the unbiased programs like Car Talk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:35 am 
Journeyman Member

What say we take up a collection and sponsor an ad on NPR from "Your Friends, The Twin Cities Carry Instructors". Something about how concerned we are with their health and wellbeing.

Think they'd take our money/air the ad?

NRA Life
JFPFO Life
GOA Life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:39 am 
The Man

StealthCarry wrote:
What say we take up a collection and sponsor an ad on NPR from "Your Friends, The Twin Cities Carry Instructors". Something about how concerned we are with their health and wellbeing.

Think they'd take our money/air the ad?
Assuming that we can afford the ad, and think it's worth the money, it's win-win -- either they take it, or we get a good story.

Cost?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:41 am 
Longtime Regular

Actually, that's not a bad idea. We could "sponsor" an hour or so and say, "Underwritten the by certified carry instructors if Minnesota--reminding you that the right to bear arms is the best guarantor of all the other rights in the Constitution."

I like the idea. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:11 am 
Forum Moderator

Someone should at least approach them and see if they'll bite. My guess is that they will reject the ad as being political, or at least any copy that has language suggesting "...right to bear arms."

I can't see how they would reject just naming the organzation, but they probably would do that, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:21 am 
Longtime Regular

Well, I went into their site and found that for a person to get a person announcement on the air, it's $1000 for two announcements on a day. A little steep, eh? I've heard them, though, and they usually say something like, "In honor of Heather Blossom, who celebrates her tenth birthday today."

There are corporate sponsorships of programs, but I'm guessing those would be more money than we would want to (or be able to) come up with.

I think the idea of an announcement twice on one day (for $1000) is something we MIGHT want to consider. Fifty folks contributing $20 each would do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:38 am 
Forum Moderator

Old Dude wrote:
Well, I went into their site and found that for a person to get a person announcement on the air, it's $1000 for two announcements on a day. A little steep, eh? I've heard them, though, and they usually say something like, "In honor of Heather Blossom, who celebrates her tenth birthday today."

There are corporate sponsorships of programs, but I'm guessing those would be more money than we would want to (or be able to) come up with.

I think the idea of an announcement twice on one day (for $1000) is something we MIGHT want to consider. Fifty folks contributing $20 each would do it.

If we could get 500 people to donate $20, we'd have $10k and might be able to get a regular rotation for a month. Much more effective!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:43 am 
Longtime Regular

They ask you to e-mail them for information about ongoing "corporate" sponsorships. They do have an e-mail contact for the Twin Cities, but I'd kinda like to know we could get that kinda scratch before contacting them.

I also notice that we could do an Adopt-A-Highway and have our signs up on a highway for two years. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.