Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:43 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Wal-Mart, Faribault, and Waseca sold out! 9mm ammo! 
 Post subject: Wal-Mart, Faribault, and Waseca sold out! 9mm ammo!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

WTF? The guy at Faribo store said he gets $300 more in tonight, and if I wait till tomorrow he guaurentees there won't be ANY left. And Waseca said a guy bought all $200 they had left yesterday. WTF? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

$20 a box of 100. Somebody's really noid! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:40 pm 

Aren't all Wal-Marts pretty much always out now? Glenn Beck, on his radio show this morning, was shouting, "Go out and by guns and ammo now", with an emphasis on ammo. I wondered if he has such influence that there would be runs across the country. (Applying global warming logic, I guess Glenn Beck is responsible for the Faribault and Waseca stores being empty.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

Fyrwys wrote:
Aren't all Wal-Marts pretty much always out now? Glenn Beck, on his radio show this morning, was shouting, "Go out and by guns and ammo now", with an emphasis on ammo. I wondered if he has such influence that there would be runs across the country. (Applying global warming logic, I guess Glenn Beck is responsible for the Faribault and Waseca stores being empty.)

Dunno, I was buying a box of 100 every 2 weeks in Nov/Dec, they were packed with them. NOW, the shelves are bare! :roll: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:55 pm 

Yeah, I heard (read) that that was the trend, and that prices (at Wal-Mart specifically) were soon going up significantly as well. I realize that's just hearsay at this point, but for what it's worth... The Shakopee Wal-Mart's shelves were bare last weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:08 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire

Cabelas's, Bass Pro Shops and local gun shops here in AZ seem to be fully stocked. Cabela's even has 1000 round cases of common calibers like .45, 9mm and .223 at reasonable prices, given today's demand and current metal prices, although they have signs up stating that prices are subject to change without notice.

Haven't checked Wal-Mart, I do not shop there. I will try to swing by the local one this weekend to check out the situation.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

Walmart has never been known to stock much of anything. They just order again when they run out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

JimC wrote:
Walmart has never been known to stock much of anything. They just order again when they run out

Well, the last two months, both stores's shelves were full. Today, mabe 5 boxes of .38special a few boxes of 7.62 .223, maybe 10 total. I mean 75% of what is normally on the shelves were GONE! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

Walmart in Woodbury only had two boxes of 357sig, 25 and 44 Mag. Everything else handgun was gone.

Sportsmans Wharehouse had good supply of most items. :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

Was told to show up at ten tonight. Just leaving here soon. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:10 pm 

The Gander Mountain in Lakeville has always had good supply the times I've been there. Sometimes the choices of manufacturer are a little limited but if you're not too picky you won't leave empty handed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

FWIW, Wally World in Mankato has been out of 100 round 'value pack' boxes of .45 acp for the past month now too. :?

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

Got 4 boxes=400 rnds. There was another guy waiting. The associate just brought 1 box of a thousand in from the truck. 10 boxes was all they had. I bought 4 he bought 2....................Holy Crap! Batman. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

Walmart in Mankato is also out of 9mm. I've been checking every day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:48 pm 

I suspect that ammunition is on allocation and the manufacturers and distributors are divvying out product in proportion to last year's purchases. Places that always sell a lot of ammunition are doing fine. Places that draw quantity purchases in the current climate but where most people wouldn't buy otherwise are running out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:10 am 
Longtime Regular

I have been looking at Eden Prairie and the one on Silver lake Rd. Both have been out of everything pistol for what seems to be a couple of months now, if not more...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.