Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:38 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 NICS denial........WTF??? 
 Post subject: NICS denial........WTF???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

WTF!?!?!?

I have a MN P2C AND a HazMat endorsement on my CDL AND meet all current requirements to purchase a firearm, but I'm denied my right to buy a rifle?

I just got home from the Brown County Sheriff Dept. and had my fingerprints taken AGAIN (had them taken several times in the past 3 years due to job requirements and firearms purchases), so I can file my appeal.

It makes no sense to me....... :? :?

I can haul anything hazardous (explosives, LP, gas, nuclear waste, etc....), on a freakin' semi, anywhere in the country AND can carry a pistol anywhere where a MN P2C is honored, but I can't buy a freakin' rifle!?!?!?!? :bang:

Anyone know any 'tricks', hints or tips that they'd care to share, to make this BS easier for me?

Thanks.

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject: Re: NICS denial........WTF???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hunter07 wrote:
WTF!?!?!?

I have a MN P2C AND a HazMat endorsement on my CDL AND meet all current requirements to purchase a firearm, but I'm denied my right to buy a rifle?

I just got home from the Brown County Sheriff Dept. and had my fingerprints taken AGAIN (had them taken several times in the past 3 years due to job requirements and firearms purchases), so I can file my appeal.

It makes no sense to me....... :? :?

I can haul anything hazardous (explosives, LP, gas, nuclear waste, etc....), on a freakin' semi, anywhere in the country AND can carry a pistol anywhere where a MN P2C is honored, but I can't buy a freakin' rifle!?!?!?!? :bang:

Anyone know any 'tricks', hints or tips that they'd care to share, to make this BS easier for me?

Thanks.

Do you include your SSN on the 4473?

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:55 pm 

I've always included my SSN to avoid any issues - never been denied, I hear it helps.

I have more issues with folks unable to read my handwriting on the form.
b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

mrokern wrote:
Do you include your SSN on the 4473?

Yes Sir, I did. :?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

What ya buying?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:15 pm 

I got me a UPIN since occasionally I'd get a delay and it would only last less than a hour (Now, THAT's annoying), not as much as a denial, I'd bet (never got one of those) but, I got tired of the crapshoot wondering "when" it would happen. So, I applied for a UPIN via the Voluntary Appeal File. Never been delayed since... VAF is the way to go, as long as you don't mind them "storing a file on you" -- They know or can find out anything they want to know anyway, and what's to hide?

Good luck!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

JimC wrote:
What ya buying?

One of these SWEET li'l babies............. :twisted: :twisted: :D

http://www.dpmsinc.com/firearms/slideshow.aspx?id=14

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

Timothy Nelson wrote:
I got me a UPIN since occasionally I'd get a delay and it would only last less than a hour (Now, THAT's annoying), not as much as a denial, I'd bet (never got one of those) but, I got tired of the crapshoot wondering "when" it would happen. So, I applied for a UPIN via the Voluntary Appeal File. Never been delayed since... VAF is the way to go, as long as you don't mind them "storing a file on you" -- They know or can find out anything they want to know anyway, and what's to hide?

Good luck!

Ya know, I called that number (1-877-444-NICS (6427)), and was told "Sorry Sir, we can't tell you 'why' you were denied because we can't verify that it's actually 'you' on that end". :roll:

Um.........HELLO!!! Why the f*** else would I be calling!?!?!? :bang: :bang: :bang:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:28 pm 

Yes. It's all super secret squirrel information. :wink: I believe I inquired as well after the first time I didn't get the "Proceed" and they gave me the same line and said it would have to be in writing... so, rather than doing all that, I just applied for the UPIN... as long as it's solved now, all that matters in the end. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

Timothy Nelson wrote:
Yes. It's all super secret squirrel information. :wink: I believe I inquired as well after the first time I didn't get the "Proceed" and they gave me the same line and said it would have to be in writing... so, rather than doing all that, I just applied for the UPIN... as long as it's solved now, all that matters in the end. :)

So.......(theoretically), I can apply for my super secret 'user ID' and be 'golden'? :? :roll: :bang:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:50 pm 

That very well may be their game plan... :?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:26 am 
Longtime Regular

Last night I placed a call to a friend that is a firearms instructor licensed by the MN BCA and NRA. He called me back this morning and told me to go to the gun shop, double check the info I put on the 4473 and see if they'll run the NICS check again.

Anyways, I went up and double checked the info on the 4473. It was correct.

So I asked if they'd run it again for me. "Sure! Ya just gotta fill out a new 4473."

I did, they called it in and it came back 'proceed' (same as approved). So it seems that yesterday, someone at the NICS office typed a wrong letter or number into their computer. :roll: :bang:

I just brought it home and am putting it together as I type. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Nice! Congrats, that is a fine piece of harware. I figured that was how it would work out and I'm glad I was right (though I didn't wanna jinx it until after it did). :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:41 pm 

Congrats. That is one sweet piece.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

Is that a full auto?

Hunter07 wrote:
JimC wrote:
What ya buying?

One of these SWEET li'l babies............. :twisted: :twisted: :D

http://www.dpmsinc.com/firearms/slideshow.aspx?id=14

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.