Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Laser Sight 
 Post subject: Laser Sight
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:28 am 
Longtime Regular

Thinking of putting a Laser on my Berreta 92F

Know nothing about them. Just want a average one.

What should I expect to pay? Does a dealer need to install it for accuracy?

Where's a good place to buy one?

Post subject: Re: Laser Sight
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:09 pm 

Crimson trace is very good (crimsontrace.com to look).. Cheapest I found http://trophys.dealerease.net/catalog/p ... &pid=68374 brings you to the one I needed but you can back up from there.

Post subject: Re: Laser Sight
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:34 am 

I have a set of Crimson Trace laser grips on my S&W 340PD J frame revolver and they work great. They are a bit spendy but nice. http://www.crimsontrace.com/ They replace the stock grips on the gun. They are activated (at least on the model I have) by a small button on the front strap of the grip. As you naturally grip the gun you finger automatically pushes down on the switch turning the laser on. As soon as you release your grip the laser turns off. With mine, there is also a master on off switch so the unit can be turned turned off completely if you want. The unit is adjustable both for windage and elevation by two small allen type screws. A couple of small allen wrenches are supplied with the laser. I didn't even have to really adjust mine at all as they were right on right out of the box. There's also the Lasermax laser for the Baretta and other models. http://www.lasermax.com/products/berettataurus.php The Lasermax laser replaces the guide rod inside the gun so it's completely internal. I believe the Lasermax is preset at the factor and I'm not sure if it's adjustable or not. There are many other models of laser sights as well these are just a couple of examples. I've thought about putting the Lasermax unit on my Taurus PT-92AF. It takes the same model of Lasermax sight as your Baretta as the guns are the same design. There are some cheaper models of laser sights that simply clamp on to the front of the trigger guard but I would suggest avoiding those. I tried one of those units years ago on my Taurus and you had to use different shims to get it aligned correctly but even then it would not stay aligned. After use or after getting bumped it would need to be aligned again. There are some units that clamp onto the accessory rail if you gun has one. Good luck in your search and let us know what you end up going with and how you like it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.