Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:58 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Scum are everywhere 
 Post subject: Scum are everywhere
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S15634.html?cat=1

Quote:
Woman robbed at Eagan Daycare
Updated: 04/19/2006 08:44:29 AM

A quick moving criminal broke into a car at an Eagan daycare Tuesday while the mother was inside dropping off her child around 8:15 a.m.

Daycare workers at the Kindercare near Cliff Road say they noticed a suspicious man in the parking lot but nobody called police, at least not until a parent noticed her car window broken and her purse missing.

"It was absolutely shattered, there was a [big hole in the window] for my purse to be pulled out," said the victim, Julie. "It absolutely caught me off-guard."

Eagan police say this is not an uncommon crime and is very easy for criminals to pull off.

"It literally takes a suspect seconds to smash a window and steal an item from a vehicle," said Danielle Anselmente, of the Eagan Police Department. "It's a crime of opportunity."

Eagan police say they see more of this type of crime during the summer months, particularly at parks.

Police say always take your personal belongings with you.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Police say always take your personal belongings with you.

Really? What if the belonging is titled "gun?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:59 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire

This is about 5 blocks from my house. It is right at the 35E exit, so a quick getaway is assured.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Daycare workers at the Kindercare near Cliff Road say they noticed a suspicious man in the parking lot but nobody called police

Goes to show that common sense isn't really all that common...

If/when I see a suspicious individual - if I'm not on the phone with the police already, I keep close watch to determine if my suspicion is warranted before calling or 'standing down'...

...ESPECIALLY at a day care, for crying out loud...

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

I wish the ACLU would get off their anti-American campaign and file suit against laws that violate our 2nd Amendment rights. Well if I win the lotto I'll hire some lawyers to do it. ;)

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

e5usmc wrote:
Quote:
Daycare workers at the Kindercare near Cliff Road say they noticed a suspicious man in the parking lot but nobody called police

Goes to show that common sense isn't really all that common...

If/when I see a suspicious individual - if I'm not on the phone with the police already, I keep close watch to determine if my suspicion is warranted before calling or 'standing down'...

...ESPECIALLY at a day care, for crying out loud...

No kidding! Common sence is going down the toilet... The lady should never leave the purse in the car ever!!!

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject: Wow!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:50 pm 

This happened at the daycare my wife works at TODAY!! Lady stopped to drop her kids off and while inside, someone got in her car and stole her laptop and purse. It's in Andover. Big daycare right in broad daylight!

That's ballsy.

Post subject: Re: Wow!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:31 pm 

Jon G23 wrote:
This happened at the daycare my wife works at TODAY!! Lady stopped to drop her kids off and while inside, someone got in her car and stole her laptop and purse. It's in Andover. Big daycare right in broad daylight!

That's ballsy.

Not really, even if they were caught (and the likelyhood of that is very slim), it's most likely a slap on the wrist affair. Really, it's pretty much "safe" crime as far as criminals are concerned. Besides, consequences are something that happens to other people.

just check out the video of a guy hitting several cars. *Warning this video contains lots of coarse language. Also, I don't know what advertising the website does as I have a popup blocker.
*Not at all safe for work.*

http://www.jokaroo.com/funnyvideos/carbreakin.html

funny videos... :roll:

"Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Night Watch)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:49 am 
Longtime Regular

Inside the city, this is a normal thing. The monthly UCR is chock-full of "theft from car" reports. The CCP guys are always saying to leave nothing valuable visible in a car.

Post subject: Re: Wow!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:51 pm 

http://www.jokaroo.com/funnyvideos/carbreakin.html

Thats some crazy stuff

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.