Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:25 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Taurus 85 range report 
 Post subject: Taurus 85 range report
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:39 pm 

Got a new 2" blued .38 on Wed and I put 50 rounds through it on Thurs.It took a little getting used to, the grip is small as are the sights,but the trigger is good and it was only a couple times around the cylinder and I was putting all 5 inside of a 6" circle at 21' rapid fire!I tried point shooting from close in and it was great!Today I picked up an Uncle Mike's pocket holster and an HKS speedloader so I am good to go!

This is a gun to do "double duty" as a pocket carry piece and as an example of a good double action revolver for carry/loaner gun for students who want to try out different guns or haven't purchased a carry gun yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

dcwn.45

Welcome to the world of the "J" frame revolver!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:41 am 
Longtime Regular

dcwn .45,
That's almost exactly my first experience with the 85 ul ss I bought.

Fun little gun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:14 am 
Forum Moderator

I have had a few of the Taurus 85's...all have been superb. My current has the Crimson Trace grips on it ....it is a great classroom tool. If a new shooter is struggling, a few shots with it generates more confidence etc. Very nice gun for the $$...

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:22 am 
1911 tainted

I have a Taurus 85CH that I aquired about a year ago for my daughter, and a S&W 642 that I have had for years. Don't really shoot the 85CH, I usually turn to the 642 because it is much lighter to drop in the pocket.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:53 am 
Longtime Regular

phorvick wrote:
I have had a few of the Taurus 85's...all have been superb. My current has the Crimson Trace grips on it ....it is a great classroom tool. If a new shooter is struggling, a few shots with it generates more confidence etc. Very nice gun for the $$...

so THAT'S why it felt familiar...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:24 am 

I had a couple of these in my hands the other day when I visited Sportsman's Warehouse. They seem very nice. Now I'm wondering if I should have taken one home with me...

One interesting thing about the 2 at SW: the light version was actually cheaper than the regular version; i'm not sure why.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:38 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire

I have a Taurus 650 CIA. Essentially the same as the 85, but in .357 with an enclosed hammer, so DAO. Nice gun, not hard to shoot, even with full power loads.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:20 pm 

phorvick wrote:

Interesting,I was just looking at the ad in my NRA instructor newsletter and saw that I could get a lazer grip for $135. That seems pretty cheap.I was wondering if I could get a lazer grip and a blue dummy gun to switch it with.I will call tomorrow and ask.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.