Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:27 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 The XD9 choke thread 
 Post subject: The XD9 choke thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:26 pm 

Not sure how it's possible, but in the process of trying to edit/delete some repeat posts I made to this thread, it appears the entire thread was deleted. Maybe I'm just missing it. Regardless, here's the original post, and my apologies to RTK. (Mods, can you figure this out?)

I was at the range yesterday and had a malfunction with my XD9SC. I have close to 2000 rounds through it and have never had any type of hiccup with the thing. It appeared that it was a double feed, I was using WWB when it happened. I dropped the clip and for the life of me as hard as I tried I couldn't get the slid back to clear it. After about 5 minutes of fighting with it I set it down and went to the range officer and said those dreaded words "I have a problem with my weapon on lane 11 and cannot make my weapon safe" I felt like a fool! The range officer came over and fought with it for another 5 minutes and gave up and went to find someone else to see if they could correct the problem. employee #2 came and after some double jointed hand motions was finally able to clear it. After he got the round out it was indented on both sides like it had been squished in a vise. He than proceeded to launch some lead out of it downrange with out anymore issues and looked at me and said "beats me what happened?" I continued shooting after that and didn't have anymore issues. The range officer told me that I should not use WWB in the XD as it is poor quality - Any thoughts on this?

My confindence was a bit shaken by this event, I have been taught the correct way to clear my weapon in the event of a failure but there was no way there was going to be a quick fix to this situation had it happened when the chips were down. Is it time to think about joining "The House of the revolver" or am I making to big of an issue over it?

RTK

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.